What economic policies solved the Great Depression

Watch
OkThanksBye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I've looked online but the stuff is way to complicated compared to what I want to know
Ostne
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
-Not raising tariffs.
-Government borrowing
-Investment in infrastructure.
World war 2 basically took the world economy out of recession.
OkThanksBye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So fiscal policy? and government spending from where? Also would that be different to modern policies?
(Original post by Ostne)
-Not raising tariffs.
-Government borrowing
-Investment in infrastructure.
World war 2 basically took the world economy out of recession.
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
lots of government spending and some protectionist policies (smoot-hawley tariff i believe if you're talking about the us)
also think it can be argued that going to war did a lot for the us economy
Ostne
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by OkThanksBye)
So fiscal policy? and government spending from where? Also would that be different to modern policies?
Yes fiscal policy, the difference being they introduced welfare when they didn't have any I believe or very little.
These days it just depends upon whose in government really, I mean after the oil shock in the 70's ramping up government spending didn't work so well (in the uk) so they don't tend to do it so much now, moreover these days its more ideological I mean look at what the tories did entering power or what they do all over the Eurozone, it's deflationary and why a double dip recession happened in the UK and why one reason why there's weak growth in the Eurozone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads