BTEC Music Watch

EeliyaNayeri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So, I have chosen BTEC Music as a GCSE, I don't particularly understand what BTECs are when you choose an option in Year 8/9. So once I completed this BTEC course would I need to do A-Level in music or something else?
Carbonx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EeliyaNayeri)
So, I have chosen BTEC Music as a GCSE, I don't particularly understand what BTECs are when you choose an option in Year 8/9. So once I completed this BTEC course would I need to do A-Level in music or something else?
It depends on what you would like to do in the future. Secondary schools are doing BTEC Firsts such as Level 1 and Level 2 certificates and awards. BTEC Level 2 is an equivalent to GCSE , BTEC level 3 Diploma is an equivalent to 2 A-levels and BTEC level 3 extended diploma is an equivalent to 3 A-levels. You can't work in music industry or go to uni with BTEC First (level 1 and 2) so you have to do A-levels (1 A-level in Music and 2 different subjects) or BTEC Level 3 National Diploma and then BTEC level 3 Extended diploma in Music. After A-levels (2 year course) you can go to university (only) and after BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (2 year course) you can go to university and work, so it depends on you what course you will apply for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (56)
56%
No (44)
44%

Watched Threads