The Student Room Group

Why are guys on dating apps so boring?

Ugh not to be rude or anything but every guy on dating apps are either after sex or are just SO BORING. I cant get one bloody good convo from guys on dating apps. Its so hard to meet people in real life and thats the only way i would go about it but ive probably been watching too many romcoms. Does anyone else use dating apps ? If so have you had any luck actually finding someone great I would love to hear your stories!
Dating apps are shite.
Reply 2
Because you're outside my fifteen-mile 'catchment area', presumably.
Take control of the conversation if they're not coming up with interesting topics.
I found that it had to be interesting from both ends. If I was sending dead or short replies I'd get shite chat back. Sometimes if you put in a lot of effort you'll get that back. I always just unmatched if they were dry tho.
Reply 5
You sure it's not you that's boring them?
dunno.
Reply 7
One time I asked a bird to translate some Santaraksita and she unmatched me
Dating apps is like a device used to remove the outer loop of a banana
That's rich coming from a member of the less funny and interesting half of humanity.
Most guys on dating apps like tinder are there for ons or no strings, not interesting conversation.
Same applies to a lot of female users too.
Original post by Anonymous
Ugh not to be rude or anything but every guy on dating apps are either after sex or are just SO BORING. I cant get one bloody good convo from guys on dating apps. Its so hard to meet people in real life and thats the only way i would go about it but ive probably been watching too many romcoms. Does anyone else use dating apps ? If so have you had any luck actually finding someone great I would love to hear your stories!

What kind of conversations are you initiating and how are they responding?
Original post by gjd800
One time I asked a bird to translate some Santaraksita and she unmatched me

Maybe the little birdie preferred Akkadian (babylonian dialect).
Reply 13
Original post by londonmyst
Maybe the little birdie preferred Akkadian (babylonian dialect).

Could be. Next time I'll send something in Tibetan
Original post by gjd800
Could be. Next time I'll send something in Tibetan

That is guaranteed to work wonders with all members of the chinese communist party and confucius institute.
Reply 15
Original post by londonmyst
That is guaranteed to work wonders with all members of the chinese communist party and confucius institute.

I think that I am already on some sort of list

Quick Reply