Man loses 14k on Glastonbury tickets Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Always check that it's an official ticket site before buying I guess https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-48799006
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Always check that it's an official ticket site before buying I guess https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-48799006
Interesting case. I think the agency has to pay up since tickets didnt arrive till 24 hours after he had started his stay and they broke the contract. I would say all his money back. Ridiculous amount for tickets anyway imo.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Interesting case. I think the agency has to pay up since tickets didnt arrive till 24 hours after he had started his stay and they broke the contract. I would say all his money back. Ridiculous amount for tickets anyway imo.
Think the issue is that the agency was not an official re-seller and therefore not authorised to sell the tickets? If that is the case then there isn't a lot he could do contractually speaking. Not a legal expert though so could be wrong.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by samir12)
Think the issue is that the agency was not an official re-seller and therefore not authorised to sell the tickets? If that is the case then there isn't a lot he could do contractually speaking. Not a legal expert though so could be wrong.
I think the protection for that would be about suing Glastonbury themselves.
They were claiming to sell him tickets that were legal. If that was not the case they have even less of a defence.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Who on earth blows that much on some poxy festival?! It's almost as weird as those loons who wasted untold money on that fyre festival claptrap
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads