The Student Room Group

Monzo, and a regular bank account?

Hi, I'm considering getting Monzo as I would transfer money from my Nationwide FlexOne account to it in order to use its budgeting features and free £20 overdraft, as well as getting instant notifications and faster, easier bank transfers. Do you think this would be a good idea (obviously nationwide are a perfectly good bank, I'm not going to close my account with them as its tied to a 3% interest savings account), and is there anything I should know before doing this? Thanks for any replies.
I’ve done the same. I’m with Lloyd’s also, but have Monzo as my main current account now. There’s nothing wrong with doing this and I’d highly recommend Monzo! Been using it for about 2/3 months now and never had an issue
Reply 2
Thanks, I'll sign up then! Any advice about using it or is it pretty easy to use?
Original post by danielmg
Thanks, I'll sign up then! Any advice about using it or is it pretty easy to use?

Very simple to use! It walks you through things also! It’ll probably try get you to do a current account switch but you can skip this
Original post by danielmg
Hi, I'm considering getting Monzo as I would transfer money from my Nationwide FlexOne account to it in order to use its budgeting features and free £20 overdraft, as well as getting instant notifications and faster, easier bank transfers. Do you think this would be a good idea (obviously nationwide are a perfectly good bank, I'm not going to close my account with them as its tied to a 3% interest savings account), and is there anything I should know before doing this? Thanks for any replies.

I'd highly recommend Monzo, I think it's great and it's really helped me with budgeting and saving! I use a round up pot that rounds up all my spending and saves it for me to use for special occasions, and it's just so handy when you need to split up your money for something but keep it all in the same account.

It's simple to use if others have it to - splitting the bill works a treat and saves so much time and hassle!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending