The top 20% of men sleep with 80% of women?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just look at how Tinder and dating apps work in general. Only the top looking blokes have any chance.

If you are an average looking male you got no chance. If you are an average looking female, because society expects men to make the first move, the average looking female can easily get a very attractive male.

Seems like the 80/20 rule also applies to the "dating" world.

Just an approximate observation but I think this holds true
PrettymuchGod
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
TBF the average looking female is more attractive than the average looking male.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
these "apps" are designed for airheads to get together with other airheads.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tinder is not representative of the real world
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you need to do some Googling on what the 80/20 rule is, buddy.
B3ar93
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Perhaps...but hasn’t it always been weighted that way, probably not to those predictions because that’s only subjective to tinder. But that women have an easier time finding a mate?
Charisma makes a person more attractive, and a good sense of humour (my opinion, not fact) I’m not entirely sure that can be gaged through an app, especially with an edited precisely posed selfie.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just look at how Tinder and dating apps work in general. Only the top looking blokes have any chance.

If you are an average looking male you got no chance. If you are an average looking female, because society expects men to make the first move, the average looking female can easily get a very attractive male.

That's why I have never been on Tinder and never will.

There are plenty more places to find girlfriends than stupid Tinder.

And the quantity of women you sleep with doesn't matter as much an the quality.

In the real world, away from the tinder nonsense, there's a lot more than a guys looks that determine whether he can find and keep a girlfriend or not.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago

Are you trying to apply this to tinder or the whole world?

Why wouldnt the top 20% stick to their idea of the top 20-30%?

All sounds very unlikely and you made it up.
margiekins
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To be honest if its only for a hook-up I understand why its the most attractive guys
desou
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

None of these things are true. Outside of movies, society generally doesn't actually expect men to make the first move, people base attractiveness and interest on more than just looks.
ThatOldGuy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Are you trying to apply this to tinder or the whole world?

Why wouldnt the top 20% stick to their idea of the top 20-30%?

All sounds very unlikely and you made it up.
Historically, fewer men have passed on their genes than women. More successful men have always had more children with more women since the dawn of time.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...uman-gene-pool

It's extended to the world of today as well.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
r/inceltears
username402722
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well if the allegations are true, Mr Johnson is responsible for several of these deluded women having sex.
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And yet around 65-70% of adults are in relationships.

Sex, relationships, dating etc. are really not that hard or inaccessible to most people.

It's just a minority of men really suck at it so try to blame society/others for their own failures.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Utter nonsense.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I said in one thread that if you don't get matches on tinder it's because your photos are rubbish and/or your bio makes you look like a psychopath. Whoever I was responding to tried to force this theory on me and claimed I "didn't know how tinder worked" even though both my flatmates use it and my borderline obese flatmate got a good few matches and dates with it (with girls he was attracted to, no less).

Unless people have some actual data on this I'll still refuse to believe it. I'm also unsure what data Tinder could even provide: The swipe left/right system doesn't provide scaling attractiveness so much as "willing to date" vs "not willing to date" measure, which is pretty useless when trying to ascertain who the "top 20%" are, assuming attractiveness is even an objective thing and that there would be a top percentile in the first place.

You might also wish to account for differences in the general want for no strings attached sexual relationships between the sexes (I assume there must be at least a slight disparity there) before you try and claim anything like this.

If you want to keep blaming societal structures for your love life rather than your own incompetence then go ahead, but it'll only make your chances with girls far worse.
This hypothesis doesn't actually work as an argument, even if we assume every premise to be true. In premise form, step by step:

1) Average looking men have no chance
2)Men are expected to approach first
Conclusion: Average looking females can get very attractive males because men approach first.

Your conclusion doesn't follow on from the other two premises, and doesn't make any sense as a self contained statement either. Try again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (48)
17.65%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (77)
28.31%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (35)
12.87%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.68%

Watched Threads