uea accomodation help Watch

Sharemine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
why are all the accomodation so ugly and looks unhygienic, can someone pls tell me best accomodation , pricebelow 4k at uea
nemo25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sharemine)
why are all the accomodation so ugly and looks unhygienic, can someone pls tell me best accomodation , pricebelow 4k at uea
That's why I decided on which uni to go to depending on the living standards 😂 it's best to get a private place
Last edited by nemo25; 2 weeks ago
choopchie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your only option on-campus appears to be standard campus (Orwell close/Wolfson close).
MinaBee
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If your budget is below £4k you're going to have a hard time finding nice accommodation. Most of it at most universities is an absolute rip off.

I'm not at UEA but I had to pay nearly £5k for an absolute dungeon of a room smh.

Basically don't get your hopes up.
Emmaclaire4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you seen the accommodation in person? It does vary depending on who you live with, but if you're willing to put the effort in then you can really make your flat lovely. I lived with 11 other people and though our kitchen did get untidy, we made sure to keep it clean and hygienic. Its totally up to you and your flat mates as to whether you allow the communal spaces to become disgusting or whether you keep them clean. The communal spaces are cleaned twice a week so in theory should never get too bad! I didnt really look at other unis when I started at UEA but looking at other unis this year with my brother has actually made me realise how reasonable UEA's accommodation actually is for space and for price. The other unis that we have been have been much more expensive and have had much smaller kitchens and fewer appliances/storage. However, the cheaper accommodation is generally the older blocks meaning that they arent as modern as the more expensive ones. I chose to pay more and live in the newer accommodation because I knew I would want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen so it was worth paying more in my opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

What are your favourite crisps?