KFx1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hit a dead end with my log and need input on what would be relevant to include...advice on structure would also be helpful
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
海龙1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello,

If you’re taking WJEC exam board, (which I think you are), I have this advice...

Firstly, think back to your initial response to the extract you were given. We’re

(Original post by KFx1)
Hit a dead end with my log and need input on what would be relevant to include...advice on structure would also be helpful
海龙1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello,

If you’re taking WJEC exam board, (which I think you are), I have this advice...

1. It’s important to consider your first response to your key extract. What first struck you? Was it a character, relationship, conflict? Did it amuse, shock, immerse or teach you? Did it bore you, and if so, why? Was the language or stagecraft engaging? Whatever it was, make in sensitive, personal and detailed. Here’s a few sentence starters:

When I first read X, I was struck by....
I loved the way the playwright used...
X reminded me of....

The specification states you should study the extract in the context of the whole play; considering specifically ‘structure’. You might want to use the following:

In terms of structure, our extract, placed in the context of the play as a whole, was the beginning / climax, and so...

In terms of structure, our extract, placed in the context of the play as a whole, was revealing as the audience finally understood...

Our extract, placed in the context of the play as a whole, was the first / last time we saw...

The specification also mentions you understand ‘character construction’. Therefore...

Our extract developed this character’s personality....

Our extract presented this relationship...

Our extract saw the protagonist....for the first time

Remember– constantly track the journey of progress made; from your first ideas, your challenges faced, and your eventual breakthrough that contributed to your final performance.

2. Remember the practitioner / theatre company you’re trying to emulate. You should be able to write down, in bullet points, seven key ideas that make your practitioner / theatre company unique and interesting. I can help further if you reply and tell me who you’re studying.

3. Keep a clear chain of reasoning when completing and describing research undertaken. It should be on the lines of...

I read / watched / listened to / experienced / interviewed / discussed.... ->

I was particularly interested in ... specific aspect of research

So, in our final performance, we incorporated....

This should all be a starting point - get in touch if you want more info / advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (100)
61.35%
No (63)
38.65%

Watched Threads