The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful to university

Looking for advice/ help.
So a bit of background on my situation, I have wanted to become a paramedic for a couple of years now (I’m 17) I achieved my highers in school however they were fluff subjects and don’t actually mean much to anything I want to do so I left at the end of 5th year and went to college as a pass time and studied HNC fitness health and exercise as this gave me another qualification I passed at a B. While at college I applied for uni to study paramedic science however my application was unsuccessful and I guess I just brushed it under the carpet however now I have left college with no further study plans and I have been trying to get a job in the mean time however it seems like no one wants me not even part time jobs!

Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do I know clearing is coming up but I don’t want to study another course that has nothing to do with what I want any help or advice would be great
Original post by Nikita24151
Looking for advice/ help.
So a bit of background on my situation, I have wanted to become a paramedic for a couple of years now (I’m 17) I achieved my highers in school however they were fluff subjects and don’t actually mean much to anything I want to do so I left at the end of 5th year and went to college as a pass time and studied HNC fitness health and exercise as this gave me another qualification I passed at a B. While at college I applied for uni to study paramedic science however my application was unsuccessful and I guess I just brushed it under the carpet however now I have left college with no further study plans and I have been trying to get a job in the mean time however it seems like no one wants me not even part time jobs!

Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do I know clearing is coming up but I don’t want to study another course that has nothing to do with what I want any help or advice would be great

So what do you want to do? if you are still aiming to be a paramedic it seems like the FH&E course probably wasn't scientific enough to get you on a paramedic course (Im guessing, did you get any feedback?) so do go down that route you'd have to do more study to get competitive entry requirements.

What alternative career ambitions do you have? What are your skills and interests? Do they suggest a career path? In the meantime, why not get a job that is supported by your FH&E course, at least you will be building up experience in dealing with people/bodies/welfare etc which is always useful, but especially for paramedics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending