If I do pass my once failed dissertation at resit opportunity, what will happen Watch

Babybutterfly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
#1
Background: BSc Psychology student from University of East London (UEL). I have completed the programme this year (2019) but currently resitting the dissertation (45 credit).I failed the dissertation on its first sit, I got 25 only for the final project component, which is 90% of its module, I did get 62 on the project plan, the other 10% of the module, making 29 as a module mark.Nevertheless, I have achieved 2:1 in all modules done in year 2 and 3 (ranging from 60 - 86)All I need to know is that, if I do pass at resit, will the 40 capped pass mark be used as a module mark to calculate into my degree classification? If that is the case then I will get the Honours degree at 2:1, (I have done all the maths). Otherwise do you think they will disregard the 40 by not calculating it into my final degree mark? (should they either use 29 I have already achieved or 0), which would ultimately result in achieving an Ordinary degree.Secondly, I know that passing the dissertation in your psychology degree along with getting a minimum 2:2 Honours is mandatory for a GBC membership / BPS accreditation. Do you suppose that even if you pass (but capped at 40) your dissertation at resit level, can I still qualify for the GBC membership?
0
reply
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#2
Report 4 months ago
#2
(Original post by Babybutterfly)
Background: BSc Psychology student from University of East London (UEL). I have completed the programme this year (2019) but currently resitting the dissertation (45 credit).I failed the dissertation on its first sit, I got 25 only for the final project component, which is 90% of its module, I did get 62 on the project plan, the other 10% of the module, making 29 as a module mark.Nevertheless, I have achieved 2:1 in all modules done in year 2 and 3 (ranging from 60 - 86)All I need to know is that, if I do pass at resit, will the 40 capped pass mark be used as a module mark to calculate into my degree classification? If that is the case then I will get the Honours degree at 2:1, (I have done all the maths). Otherwise do you think they will disregard the 40 by not calculating it into my final degree mark? (should they either use 29 I have already achieved or 0), which would ultimately result in achieving an Ordinary degree.Secondly, I know that passing the dissertation in your psychology degree along with getting a minimum 2:2 Honours is mandatory for a GBC membership / BPS accreditation. Do you suppose that even if you pass (but capped at 40) your dissertation at resit level, can I still qualify for the GBC membership?
if you pass it then unless UEL has a disregard rule for calcuating a final grade then yes it would be counted, and i presume as long as you pass your dissertation will be eligible for the membership, a pass is a pass after all
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (50)
18.59%
Labour (108)
40.15%
Liberal Democrats (56)
20.82%
Green Party (16)
5.95%
Brexit Party (7)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.49%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.86%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (3)
1.12%
Other (3)
1.12%
None (17)
6.32%

Watched Threads

View All