pill and different time zones Watch

studentgirl101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so i live in the UK and take the pill at 7pm (BST). i’m going away to America soon and i’m aware time zones are different. where i am going there is a 5 hour difference, with America being in front. I asked my mum and she said i would have to take my pill at our time over there, meaning i’d have to take it at midnight. is this correct? even if it is, i don’t want to have get up at midnight every night. is there any way for me to just adjust it? or will i have to do it at midnight?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentgirl101)
so i live in the UK and take the pill at 7pm (BST). i’m going away to America soon and i’m aware time zones are different. where i am going there is a 5 hour difference, with America being in front. I asked my mum and she said i would have to take my pill at our time over there, meaning i’d have to take it at midnight. is this correct? even if it is, i don’t want to have get up at midnight every night. is there any way for me to just adjust it? or will i have to do it at midnight?
take a look at the leaflet that comes with it, i believe you can change the time if it's not by too much time but check.
alannah-1706
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiiii, don’t quote me on this but I’m on the pill too and my doctor actually told me that it doesn’t matter what time you take it within the day x check! It may not even matter!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
alannah-1706
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People are told to take it the same time everyday as it is easier to remember and make into a routine according to my doctor ^^
Apachecow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The combined pill it shouldn't matter. Just take it as close to normal as possible, but 5 hours won't make a difference. With the mini pill timing is more important.
studentgirl101
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
take a look at the leaflet that comes with it, i believe you can change the time if it's not by too much time but check.
thank you, i was thinking of taking it at 11pm
studentgirl101
Rep:
?
(Original post by alannah-1706)
Hiiii, don’t quote me on this but I’m on the pill too and my doctor actually told me that it doesn’t matter what time you take it within the day x check! It may not even matter!
thank you! i’m just abit nervous of doing it
alannah-1706
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentgirl101)
thank you! i’m just abit nervous of doing it
Don’t be! Just have a chat to your GP or even find one of those online things... is it call NHS on 111 for general info? Idk x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads