Nat 5's and Law school Watch

Rishi.R
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone
I recently just finished my nat 5's and I have done well in 5 them which are chemistry, physics, biology, modern studies and maths. I think I have secured A's in them, however in my English exam my timing messed up slightly and I am incredibly worried that I might get a B. I know this might seem desperate but let's say i got a B in English but got an A in everything else, will it affect my chances to get into these following law schools:

Bristol, Durham, nottingham, Oxbridge, Edinburgh.

Would I still have a chance as long as I crush my highers and do well in my LNAT?

Cheers.
Last edited by Rishi.R; 2 weeks ago
goldilocks12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's mostly Highers that universities care about and one B at N5 won't mean you miss out on an offer if you have good Highers, LNAT and personal statement. I have friends going to Edinburgh for law this year who got one or two Bs at N5 so it shouldn't affect you too much. I've heard that Oxford take GCSEs (and therefore N5s too) more seriously than Cambridge but I really wouldn't let that put you off Oxford if you do really like it. I doubt that the other three unis would reject you for one B, I applied late to Durham in February (for languages) and got an offer which is now my firm choice. Don't stress too much about them! Good luck for results day
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Firstly, best of luck for results day!

I am waiting on Higher results and hoping to apply for Law too.

It is unlikely that 1 B at N5 will affect you. I got 7 As at N5 but in reality, it doesn't matter too much as universities are more bothered about Highers/AH (particularly Cambridge).

All that would be expected if it was in English would be to try and get that B in N5 up to an A for Higher.

Don't worry about it just now and just wait for results day - take it from there. There is every chance you may have received an A.
(Original post by Rishi.R)
Hey everyone
I recently just finished my nat 5's and I have done well in 5 them which are chemistry, physics, biology, modern studies and maths. I think I have secured A's in them, however in my English exam my timing messed up slightly and I am incredibly worried that I might get a B. I know this might seem desperate but let's say i got a B in English but got an A in everything else, will it affect my chances to get into these following law schools:

Bristol, Durham, nottingham, Oxbridge, Edinburgh.

Would I still have a chance as long as I crush my highers and do well in my LNAT?

Cheers.
Rishi.R
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldilocks12)
It's mostly Highers that universities care about and one B at N5 won't mean you miss out on an offer if you have good Highers, LNAT and personal statement. I have friends going to Edinburgh for law this year who got one or two Bs at N5 so it shouldn't affect you too much. I've heard that Oxford take GCSEs (and therefore N5s too) more seriously than Cambridge but I really wouldn't let that put you off Oxford if you do really like it. I doubt that the other three unis would reject you for one B, I applied late to Durham in February (for languages) and got an offer which is now my firm choice. Don't stress too much about them! Good luck for results day
Thanks!
Well done on getting that offer!
Rishi.R
Rep:
?
Thanks very much!
Hope you get great higher results!
(Original post by 123543)
Firstly, best of luck for results day!

I am waiting on Higher results and hoping to apply for Law too.

It is unlikely that 1 B at N5 will affect you. I got 7 As at N5 but in reality, it doesn't matter too much as universities are more bothered about Highers/AH (particularly Cambridge).

All that would be expected if it was in English would be to try and get that B in N5 up to an A for Higher.

Don't worry about it just now and just wait for results day - take it from there. There is every chance you may have received an A.
Rishi.R
Rep:
?
I appreciate any more opinions and answers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (84)
8.83%
No I am happy with my course choice (567)
59.62%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (136)
14.3%

Watched Threads