Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In short the answers is YES!

A BTEC Level 3 qualification is no different to A Levels when it comes to applying to University. If you've heard anything that says otherwise, feel free to ignore it!

BTECs are just as valuable as A Levels and make you a great uni candidate. They follow a very similar pattern to university courses, with deadlines, essays, coursework and research. This means BTECs are really preparing you for university life.

More than 100,000 BTEC students apply to UK universities each year, so don’t worry about not having done the more traditional A Levels. To most universities, A Levels and BTECs are of equal worth.

If you haven't applied yet you can make an application through Clearing as soon as you get your results, which is usually about a month before A Level students.

You can read more about getting into uni with a BTEC here.
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This isn't completely true. For example, Edinburgh will only take people with a BTEC if they've done A-levels alongside it. I'm pretty sure Imperial and LSE don't accept them at all.

It's important that an applicant does their own research and knows what the universities they're interested in want.

username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
This isn't completely true. For example, Edinburgh will only take people with a BTEC if they've done A-levels alongside it. I'm pretty sure Imperial and LSE don't accept them at all.

It's important that an applicant does their own research and knows what the universities they're interested in want.

Hence the following:

To most universities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads