Can I get into uni with a BTEC? Watch

Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In short the answers is YES!

A BTEC Level 3 qualification is no different to A Levels when it comes to applying to University. If you've heard anything that says otherwise, feel free to ignore it!

BTECs are just as valuable as A Levels and make you a great uni candidate. They follow a very similar pattern to university courses, with deadlines, essays, coursework and research. This means BTECs are really preparing you for university life.

More than 100,000 BTEC students apply to UK universities each year, so don’t worry about not having done the more traditional A Levels. To most universities, A Levels and BTECs are of equal worth.

If you haven't applied yet you can make an application through Clearing as soon as you get your results, which is usually about a month before A Level students.

You can read more about getting into uni with a BTEC here.
MinaBee
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This isn't completely true. For example, Edinburgh will only take people with a BTEC if they've done A-levels alongside it. I'm pretty sure Imperial and LSE don't accept them at all.

It's important that an applicant does their own research and knows what the universities they're interested in want.

Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
This isn't completely true. For example, Edinburgh will only take people with a BTEC if they've done A-levels alongside it. I'm pretty sure Imperial and LSE don't accept them at all.

It's important that an applicant does their own research and knows what the universities they're interested in want.

Hence the following:

To most universities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads