International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th/6th July 2019 Chat Watch

Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EleaGR)
Results are out since yesterday. I don't understand how noone here has received them.
Results don't have to be released by the school when they get them (yesterday), some people have to wait until 12:00pm GMT today
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
EleaGR
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
go
(Original post by Lemur14)
Results don't have to be released by the school when they get them (yesterday), some people have to wait until 12:00pm GMT today
That's weird. I know at least a dozen of students in 4 different countries that their schools gave them their results.
Last edited by EleaGR; 2 weeks ago
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
goThat's weird. I know at least a dozen of students in 4 different countries that their schools gave them their results.
Lots of schools do give them out, but I know quite a few people who haven't got them yet!
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
Lots of schools do give them out, but I know quite a few people who haven't got them yet!
Kind of cruel in my opinion. Why do they do that?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Results are out since yesterday. I don't understand how noone here has received them.
Some schools released results yesterday and some today. It really depends.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Kind of cruel in my opinion. Why do they do that?
If they don't have the man power to process the results and produce them in a suitable format for students...
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know in what detail are the results sent to UCAS and the Unis?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
HL/SL grades, EE/ToK grades and overall score.

But at this point few universities will have processed IB results. It’s the weekend.
EleaGR
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So they don't get the analysis we get with the scaled marks, and boundaries etc.
(Original post by PQ)
HL/SL grades, EE/ToK grades and iverall score.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No
So they don't get the analysis we get with the scaled marks, and boundaries etc.
hydrogen123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
See under IB
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...g-exam-results
Mathboi926
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is this not the right thread to post results? Seems pretty dead :/

Regardless, I got 43/45 total, with 5 7s (including my 4 HLs) and a 6. Got A in my EE and C in TOK, which I'm hoping to ask for remark (though I don't need it; just 2 marks away so I feel as though it's possible). I also got a 6 on an additional subject. Made the IB aspect of my offer to Cambridge, just gotta wait on STEP now!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mathboi926)

Regardless, I got 43/45 total, with 5 7s (including my 4 HLs) and a 6. Got A in my EE and C in TOK, which I'm hoping to ask for remark (though I don't need it; just 2 marks away so I feel as though it's possible). I also got a 6 on an additional subject. Made the IB aspect of my offer to Cambridge, just gotta wait on STEP now!
Congratulations!:yay:

:bl:
Rohan77642
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mathboi926)

congrats
austejabaz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congrats to everybody! I got a 44, B in EE and C in TOK. But there seems to be nobody in our class that got an A in TOK, everybody got around C. Our presentations were marked down too - both of mine scored a 10, so I am pretty disappointed. My essay was too much better than a C according to our teacher. How are TOK grades for the rest of you? Is it low for everyone this year?
R.Murphy1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think TOK in general is a very strange and subjective subject. My TOK class ended up with no real teacher for the first year and our grades were only saved by a TOK teacher coming back from maternity leave in December/January this year. Despite this, the only A grades I know of came from that class (me and my friend just scraped into A's). My other friends who were sorted into different TOK classes (due to timetable differences) were predicted A's and B's and ended up with C's most of the time, despite being taught by someone who is perceived as the best TOK teacher in our school.
(Original post by austejabaz)
Congrats to everybody! I got a 44, B in EE and C in TOK. But there seems to be nobody in our class that got an A in TOK, everybody got around C. Our presentations were marked down too - both of mine scored a 10, so I am pretty disappointed. My essay was too much better than a C according to our teacher. How are TOK grades for the rest of you? Is it low for everyone this year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby