"Cascade" Confusion Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

Little confused about this cascade system. I've just finished my 2nd year Computer Science, the marks I got were (56, 61, 41, 57, 38, 74) all 20 credit modules.

I'm trying to work out how much my bad results are worth going into level 3, and also what I need to average out at in level 3 to come out with a 2:1!

Thanks
EJ2097
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
It depends on your degree weighting and you usually drop your lowest scoring module - at my university you have your 5 highest taken with a 60:40 weighting on third year results - I would suggest finding out how your degree is weighted before stressing as it’s doable I had similar results in 2nd year but averaged it out to a 2:1 by working my hardest and getting as many firsts in third year as possible to compensate
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

I have just finished my third year studying International Politics and History at Aberystwyth University so I have had a fair bit of experience working out the University’s cascade system so hopefully I can help!

First of all may I ask if the cascade system has become available to you on the Aberystwyth Student Record? It should be listed under tasks on your homepage once you log in.

The system allows you to input the grades which you have obtained over your second year and will also allow you to input grades which you feel that you are capable of getting during your third year; the system will calculate your degree class based on this information (both the grades which you already have, and the grades which you feel you are able to achieve during your third year) which will allow you to get a bit more of an idea of the grades which you should aim for during your third year to achieve a 2:1 or above.

Thanks,

Eliza

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Little confused about this cascade system. I've just finished my 2nd year Computer Science, the marks I got were (56, 61, 41, 57, 38, 74) all 20 credit modules.

I'm trying to work out how much my bad results are worth going into level 3, and also what I need to average out at in level 3 to come out with a 2:1!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Aberystwyth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
  • Aberystwyth University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19