Training Contract possible with some 2:2s?

Watch
lawgrad16-19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
---
Last edited by lawgrad16-19; 6 months ago
sanjsk03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
JSP Would be the best oerson to confirm. Some Commercial firms do accept 2:2 like gowling WLG also Civil services accept 2:2. I think if you want to get into Clin Neg or Personal injury etc the best thing would be to apply for paralegal/legal assistant roles (If you cant secure a TC of course) I am currently at a Employment and Civil law firm who deal with clin neg cases for Dr's, I applied via the legal assistant route.

Hope this helps a bit!
lawgrad16-19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I do have a 2:1 overall, I meant would getting 2:2 in some modules be a problem. But yes, welcome any advice

Also can't be a paralegal, I've never heard of a firm that sponsors a visa for a paralegal. Many won't even sponsor a visa for a solicitor, I can't apply to 1/3 of firms because they don't sponsor.

(Original post by sanjsk03)
JSP Would be the best oerson to confirm. Some Commercial firms do accept 2:2 like gowling WLG also Civil services accept 2:2. I think if you want to get into Clin Neg or Personal injury etc the best thing would be to apply for paralegal/legal assistant roles (If you cant secure a TC of course) I am currently at a Employment and Civil law firm who deal with clin neg cases for Dr's, I applied via the legal assistant route.

Hope this helps a bit!
Last edited by lawgrad16-19; 1 year ago
sanjsk03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To be completely honest with you, I don't know enough about visa sponsorship within law firms. 2:1 overall is fine though I wouldn't worry about your 2:2's.

Best of luck with your future. I'm sure it will all work out for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads