I got merits in my second year yet I still only got a PPP Watch

YeetyPetey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I just finished my Level 3 extended diploma, the first year was awful we did nine units, I only got passes on all of them. However this year I've tried much harder and achieved all merits and one distinction. However i'm still projected as a PPP. What have I done wrong?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by YeetyPetey)
So I just finished my Level 3 extended diploma, the first year was awful we did nine units, I only got passes on all of them. However this year I've tried much harder and achieved all merits and one distinction. However i'm still projected as a PPP. What have I done wrong?
Works out at MMP to me.
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends on the size of the units.
Corssoff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have 9 Passes, 8 Merits, and 1 Distinction.
(9 x 70) + (8 x 80) + (1 x 90) = 1,360 BTEC Points.

According to Pearson, getting between 1,340 and 1,379 BTEC Points means you get MMP overall.
SchuylerSister
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unless you know the precise subject and optional modules chosen that’s not true.

For example using music tech as an example. Internal units are either 60 GLH or 90 GLH & external ones are either 90 or 120. The points allocated for Pass Merit & Distinction depend on how many GLH a unit is.

(GLH = Guided Learning Hours)
YeetyPetey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
They all have the same weight of 10, apart from my FMP which is 20 and worth two units. I will post screenshots below thank you everyone.

https://imgur.com/a/IyfYwOO
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads