nghii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am in year 12 now and thinking about applying for Economics and Finance next year. However, there are not many universities providing this course, the best unis which do (according to some of my research online) are Exeter, York, Bristol and Surrey. I want to ask whether I can apply for related courses along with Econ and Finance (eg. Economics, Economics and Management,...) but in other Unis (LSE, Warkick,...) in UCAS, as I really want to challenge myself a bit. Thank you so so much (^_^)
Last edited by nghii; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want to apply to LSE then tailor your personal statement to the course you apply to at LSE. Most other universities will accept a PS for a related/similar course - LSE reject applicants based on the PS and aren’t keen on PSs for other degrees.
nghii
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you want to apply to LSE then tailor your personal statement to the course you apply to at LSE. Most other universities will accept a PS for a related/similar course - LSE reject applicants based on the PS and aren’t keen on PSs for other degrees.
Hi, thanks so much for your reply. (^_^)
I think if I apply to LSE, I'll just apply for BSc Economics, which I assume I can use my Economics and Finance personal statement for, as it is straight about Economics only (I've heard people saying that for Economics and Finance, we can just write about Economics only). But I'm not sure, so if you have any info on that, could you please let me know? Thank you so much!! (^_^)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nghii)
Hi, thanks so much for your reply. (^_^)
I think if I apply to LSE, I'll just apply for BSc Economics, which I assume I can use my Economics and Finance personal statement for, as it is straight about Economics only (I've heard people saying that for Economics and Finance, we can just write about Economics only). But I'm not sure, so if you have any info on that, could you please let me know? Thank you so much!! (^_^)
If you're applying for Economics at LSE then your PS should be on Economics.
You need to check with the other universities that you're thinking of applying for that an Economics PS will be acceptable for their E&F courses.
nghii
Rep:
?
I'll definitely do that!
Thanks for your info and very fast replies! (^_^)
(Original post by PQ)
If you're applying for Economics at LSE then your PS should be on Economics.
You need to check with the other universities that you're thinking of applying for that an Economics PS will be acceptable for their E&F courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (259)
44.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise