how much does a year abroad placement cost? Watch

kberrais
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I applied for the MMU international business degree with a year abroad included, I want to find out if that year abroad will also be another £9250 too or if the uni will charge less for it? Also will the place you will work at pay you? how are you supposed to pay for living expenses?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
HI,

Glad to hear you have applied to us :hello:

The current fee for the placement year route is is £1,850. Please note that this fee is subject to inflationary increases based on government policy and providing you progress through the course in the normal time frame (no repeat years or breaks in study). You can also apply for a loan through Student Finance England to help with your costs for your year abroad and your reduced tuition fees for this year.

The vast majority of placements are paid. During your second year you apply for placements of your choosing, so if you only want a paid placement you can just apply for these.

If you are planning on doing a placement year you'll get lots more information and guidance on the application process at the beginning of your second year. You might find it useful to take a look at this page on our website too: https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/business-scho...ind-placement/

I hope this is helpful. If you have any more questions, please get in touch.

Charlotte
(Original post by kberrais)
I applied for the MMU international business degree with a year abroad included, I want to find out if that year abroad will also be another £9250 too or if the uni will charge less for it? Also will the place you will work at pay you? how are you supposed to pay for living expenses?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.75%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.6%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.54%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.11%

Watched Threads