The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

so I had an encounter with my boyfriend a few weeks ago where long story short I found out he was speaking to another girl in a club and she was actually back at the apartment when I woke up. That’s the short version.
We have been working on the relationship together and I have been working towards rebuilding the trust because there was a lot more to the situation.
Now he has booked a holiday to Ibiza with his friends for 5 days. I really want him to have fun because I’m not controlling etc. But how do I deal with this? How do I overcome so that I can trust him while he’s on holiday?
Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
so I had an encounter with my boyfriend a few weeks ago where long story short I found out he was speaking to another girl in a club and she was actually back at the apartment when I woke up. That’s the short version.
We have been working on the relationship together and I have been working towards rebuilding the trust because there was a lot more to the situation.
Now he has booked a holiday to Ibiza with his friends for 5 days. I really want him to have fun because I’m not controlling etc. But how do I deal with this? How do I overcome so that I can trust him while he’s on holiday?
Thanks.

did he doing anything with this girl?
If he's going to ibiza with his mates I think it's obvious what's going to happen...
What happened with this girl? I have guy mates and wouldn't hesitate to offer them a sofa (I live with my boyfriend) if we'd been out. Nor would I see an issue with me crashing with one of them if needed.

I seem to spend half my life writing this kind of thing on this forum these days, but regarding the holiday, you can't hold him back in life. You need to be able to trust him to go away and not cheat on you. I've been on holiday many, many times with my friends and not cheated on my partner. You can't just assume that it's going to happen.. If you can't get it out of your head, it suggests there are deeper trust issues which will worsen over time.

You can't just prevent all situations where he will be around other women. If a man is going to cheat, he will find a way regardless of whether he's in Ibiza or at home.
Reply 4
Well technically he did cheat on me, they were all over eachother in the club, and he told her what he wanted to do to her and they were kissing each other’s necks and touching each other. So yes I’m very paranoid. What’s everyone’s advice ? I want to clearly state that I am not holding him back - as I said in the original post I want him to be able to do this and enjoy himself.
Tell him exactly how you feel, maybe don’t mention the girl if you think it’s going to irritate him and just be honest without sounding controlling. Works better in the long run if you are just honest with each other

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending