Johnymuss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bit confused here as to whether or not I actually got into my 2nd year of Uni. I got Repeat on 3 modules as my life fell apart pretty much after christmas. Just had an email through from the board of examiners saying I have to repeat the units I failed next academic year. It doesn't actually say I failed the year though I also have this Repeat 18SEPUP1 on my results page. Not sure what that means. If anyone can help I would be grateful
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Johnymuss)
Bit confused here as to whether or not I actually got into my 2nd year of Uni. I got Repeat on 3 modules as my life fell apart pretty much after christmas. Just had an email through from the board of examiners saying I have to repeat the units I failed next academic year. It doesn't actually say I failed the year though I also have this Repeat 18SEPUP1 on my results page. Not sure what that means. If anyone can help I would be grateful
You cannot progress to 2nd year without passing the 3 modules you haven’t passed. You will be required to attend for the next year to pass the 3 modules. Good luck. What course are you studying?
University of Portsmouth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi @johnymuss

Sorry for the late reply.

You are best to contact either your personal tutor or the course leader on this to discuss your options and next stages.

You mentioned that after Christmas your life fell apart, i'm so sorry to hear this - have you managed to talk to anyone about this? Your personal tutor is there for you for anything, not just academic but personal issues too. Or you can come and see our well being team, they are always available for a quick chat. Never feel like you have to go through things alone, there will always be someone here for you at the University.

Alex - UoP Rep
(Original post by Johnymuss)
Wondering-Writer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would think that you’d have to resit the units as I passed all of mine and have Progress 18SEPTUP1. It seems to me like the progress means continue to the next year and that repeat would mean that you’d have to repeat your units but I would definitely contact the uni to make sure as I’m just assuming this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.79%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.2%

Watched Threads