The Student Room Group

if i do ucas now for 2020 entry, what if i want to take a gap year???

if i complete ucas for 2020 entry and apply to unis what if after doing this i decide:
- i want to take a gap year
- change my course
- decide uni isn't for me and go the apprenticeship/other route

will me applying to ucas + unis for 2020 entry mean i am binded in it for 2020 entry or can i just reject the unis. and my biggest question is will it have an effect on my student finance and loan!!! will me applying to ucas for 2020 entry mean i won't have access to student finance again since i already applied!

thanks
Reply 1
You can give them a call and reject and you can also let SFE know you won't be attending university.

It won't have any impact, unless you decide to start uni and then leave (which is a completely different scenario with far bigger consequences).
Original post by yotsr123
if i complete ucas for 2020 entry and apply to unis what if after doing this i decide:
- i want to take a gap year
- change my course
- decide uni isn't for me and go the apprenticeship/other route

will me applying to ucas + unis for 2020 entry mean i am binded in it for 2020 entry or can i just reject the unis. and my biggest question is will it have an effect on my student finance and loan!!! will me applying to ucas for 2020 entry mean i won't have access to student finance again since i already applied!

thanks

you can defer your place and cancel student finance or cancel your place completely if that's what you want to do.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
you can defer your place and cancel student finance or cancel your place completely if that's what you want to do.

Original post by Xarao
You can give them a call and reject and you can also let SFE know you won't be attending university.

It won't have any impact, unless you decide to start uni and then leave (which is a completely different scenario with far bigger consequences).

and this will have NO consequence on me applying to these unis in future (2021/2022 etc) or applying for sfe and getting the loan?
and can you xarao please elaborate on starting and then leaving uni having bigger consequences?
thanks
and this will have NO consequence on me applying to these unis in future (2021/2022 etc) or applying for sfe and getting the loan?
and can you xarao please elaborate on starting and then leaving uni having bigger consequences?
thanks

yes as long as you cancel before enrollment you're fine.
Reply 5
thanks

If you go to university and leave (even if it was only for one day) you will lose the whole year of funding if you ever decide to go back in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending