I want to change my GCSE Options I’m in year 9

Watch
nqueen198
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to change my GCSE’s options today I got my options back and I didn’t get my first or second choice for the 2nd section. I got my 3rd option which was Art and I literally HATE art I don’t enjoy doing it and I’m not good at it. The only reason I put it as a 3rd option is because I didn’t like the other options and I picked a random one. I don’t know what to do because my school told me once we choose it they won’t let us change. I really wanted to do media studies because I enjoy learning about that or business.But I don’t think there is anymore space in both of them. So what should I do because I literally don’t want to do art because I have no interest in it.
omlwhatisthis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im pretty sure you can.
Also at the start of year 10 our teachers allowed us to see how we like our first lesson and if the subject isnt for us then we were allowed to change it
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
please please try best you can to get it changed, art is TERRIBLE
is there any other subjects that aren't filled but you're willing to give a go?
nqueen198
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I really want to do business or media studies but Ik for a fact that media is full. And I don’t rlly have a interest in anything else. So much ppl got their first choice and I got my 3rd which is un fair. I asked one of my teachers if I can change to business but she said there might not be space. One of my other friends got business but doesn’t like it or have any interest I told her to change so I could do it but she doesn’t want to change since all the other options are crap I rlly don’t want to do art
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nqueen198)
I really want to do business or media studies but Ik for a fact that media is full. And I don’t rlly have a interest in anything else. So much ppl got their first choice and I got my 3rd which is un fair. I asked one of my teachers if I can change to business but she said there might not be space. One of my other friends got business but doesn’t like it or have any interest I told her to change so I could do it but she doesn’t want to change since all the other options are crap I rlly don’t want to do art
i agree, it is really unfair on you. maybe try talking to others and see if they are willing to swap? or perhaps take it to a more senior teacher and see if they can do anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (25)
15.82%
No one else does (54)
34.18%
I'm embarrassed about my background (17)
10.76%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (53)
33.54%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.27%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed