Results Day FAQ 2019 Watch

Laith.Gergi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am planning on studying Biological Sciences at UCL, the conditional offer I received was AAA.
Every night I have been thinking about the exams tallying marks (I am unable to stop thinking about it, despite the fact that I know its illogical to focus on something out of my control now).
I believe that I probably achieved A*AB
or AAB.
Two questions, what is the likelihood of UCL being lenient and accepting me into the program, and is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Now before someone comments, I have an insurance that I believe is achievable, and I know no one knows exactly the UCL's accepting and rejecting process.
The worse thing is that my parents and my siblings are acting like I am definitely going to be in London next year that I achieved the grades and I will go to UCL and I am too scared to say that I might not.
Last edited by Laith.Gergi; 1 week ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Laith.Gergi)
I am planning on studying Biological Sciences at UCL, the conditional offer I received was AAA.
Every night I have been thinking about the exams tallying marks (I am unable to stop thinking about it, despite the fact that I know its illogical to focus on something out of my control now).
I believe that I probably achieved A*AB
or AAB.
Two questions, what is the likelihood of UCL being lenient and accepting me into the program, and is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Now before someone comments, I have an insurance that I believe is achievable, and I know no one knows exactly the UCL's accepting and rejecting process.
The worse thing is that my parents and my siblings are acting like I am definitely going to be in London next year that I achieved the grades and I will go to UCL and I am too scared to say that I might not.
There’s no way anyone here can comment on UCL’s likelihood of accepting you. You can always ring them up to ask what happens if you miss your offer - whether they normally have some leniency for your subject and what they look at when deciding who gets in.

Explain to your parents how worried you are about missing your offer grades. If they realise that they’re adding to your stress then they will stop.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads