too much information maths

Watch
lfs_04_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There are 300 topics in maths. How the f am i supposed to remember all those
BrandonS15
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lfs_04_)
There are 300 topics in maths. How the f am i supposed to remember all those
Understand them. Don’t remember them.
username4339332
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
A level or GCSE?
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Depends what you're counting as a 'topic'.
If you're counting things like "how to expand brackets" as a topic, then the majority of those 300 topics will very quickly become routine methods that you will not need to put in any conscious effort to remember
lfs_04_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
GCSE
(Original post by Huckipity)
A level or GCSE?
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You're taking it in a years time? What is your current level and what are you hoping to get?

If you want to raise your level by 2 or 3 grades, I'd print off the syllabus (there are about 100 topics), mark on which you've covered and which you think you have problems with.
Then, for each topic, work through something like the questions in drfrostmaths.com (or whatever package your school uses). They can be set by topic and level. Look at the videos / slides if you find an area difficult. Doing a topic a day for 15-30 minutes would take 3 months to cover all the areas, so keep at it and maybe select topics intelligently to hit the problem areas first.

(Original post by lfs_04_)
GCSE
Last edited by mqb2766; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (3)
5.66%
October 2021 (29)
54.72%
November 2021 (7)
13.21%
December 2021 (5)
9.43%
January 2021 (5)
9.43%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.77%