Swallowed a tongue bar :-/

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Apples124
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
[Couldn't decide if this went under fashion or health or what... so if it's in the wrong place, sorry. ]

I just managed to swallow the bar and one of the balls off my tongue piercing. The balls must have come loose because it fell out when I was eating and I ended up swallowing it.

Just wondering if I should go to A&E or anything about this, or will it be alright? I've got exams all next week so I don't wanna have to waste revision time in the doctors.
AmySian
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 14 years ago
It'll be fine, they're not that sharp that they'd tear your insides. Might be worth calling NHS direct if you're worried and just ask them but you'll probably just 'pass' it in a couple of days!
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
It'll be fine. When I was little, I swallowed one of those little lego flowers, and that came out just fine.
k823127
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I've swallowed my tongue bar on three occasions now it's fine don't worry about it.
loz_fairy
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Nah, I've done it a couple of times and I'm fine.
SarahhhD
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
it'll be fine
I used to inhale many a nose stud when i had my nose done.
you'll be fine.
OnlyMe!
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Fear not; for what goes in...comes out again! :p:
Sarahl89
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
You might wanna get a new one, prob wont want to put that one back in.
Bentje
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
ive swallowed mine once...but its fine really

be sure to check if the ball is stull stuck on the bar though, every evening after you've brushed your teeth lol
Apples124
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Phew - What a relief. The last thing I need at the moment is something else to have to worry about. I've got spares - I definitely won't be reusing the old one when I 'pass it' haha. *shudders*
PoisonDonna
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I doubt it would be *too* much of a problem, they're quite small. I've never swallowed one though and it's been 4 years, I must be lucky!
Lu-x
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I swallowed some lego as I kid and it came out in my nappy
PoisonDonna
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lu-x)
I swallowed some lego as I kid and it came out in my nappy
You sound so proud!! :p:
Renal
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
If you're really fussed you can check through your faeces over the next couple of says until it comes out.

Just beware of any difficulty in breating, coughing up blood, vomiting up blood or a significant darkening in colour of your faeces, if any of that happens, which it shouldn't, go to A&E.
Michelle0509
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
i want to get my tongue pierced.....just wanted to know if it hurts a lot when you get it done, if you can eat straight away when you get it done and possible risks involved??can it get infected??

thought i might aswell ask in here then start a new thread
k823127
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Michelle0509)
i want to get my tongue pierced.....just wanted to know if it hurts a lot when you get it done, if you can eat straight away when you get it done and possible risks involved??can it get infected??

thought i might aswell ask in here then start a new thread
It didn't hurt at all when i had mine done and yes you can eat straight away it's just a little awkward. Everyone's affects them differently, my friend had a baguette straight after she got hers done.

You just need to get used to it.

As with any piercings there are obviously risks but very low ones. It is the hardest piercing to get infected apparently so if you look after it right then it won't get infected mine didn't.
nuttygirl
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, have fun looking at your poo

Getting my tonge pierced on saturday, scary!
Michelle0509
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by k823127)
It didn't hurt at all when i had mine done and yes you can eat straight away it's just a little awkward. Everyone's affects them differently, my friend had a baguette straight after she got hers done.

You just need to get used to it.

As with any piercings there are obviously risks but very low ones. It is the hardest piercing to get infected apparently so if you look after it right then it won't get infected mine didn't.
thank you
Bebbs
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I knew a woman once who swallowed a fly, i thought she was going to die, but then she swallowed a spider to wriggle inside her who ate the fly, then she swallowed a bird which i thought was absurb, then she said she swallowed a cat, and i said stop lying.

hope that helps
marcusfox
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I've swallowed one of the tines from a plastic chip shop fork before, not from the small coloured plastic forks, but the regular sized white ones, and they're more oddly shaped than those smooth metallic tongue bar thingies.

My brother used to eat my tiddlywinks when he was younger. I didn't want them back after that.

Marcus
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (7)
31.82%
As I expected (4)
18.18%
Harder (10)
45.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.55%

Watched Threads