The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham and Exeter students I have a few questions

Hello so I’m going to apply to study geography next year. My aim is to go through clearing. I dropped out of Manchester university in March as the administration didnt listen. For example transferring to geography took 3 months, fees refund took 3 months, mouse problem in accomodation, they didnt listen until we showed mouse droppings (and even then brought in exterminated staff knew and said to us were not good)
I want to avoid such a scenario happening again. My two top choices are Exeter and Nottingham. Both have clearing places and I have a shot with my grades. I have a few questions

1 How good are lecturers replying to emails and dealing with concerns with assignments?

2 If you have issues with administration e.g an assignment refusing to be accepted when uploaded to turnitin (happened to me and took 3 weeks to sort out. Sent an email in with the assignment to the assignment address as insurance at the same time as tunitin. No idea why it took so long) how long does it take to sort out?

3 With accommodation staff how long does it take for them to respond to issues e.g a broken light/mice?
Would really appreciate a response from any Nottingham and Exeter students. Would especially like to hear from geography students from those unis.

Thank you for your help
Original post by Jungleseu1
Hello so I’m going to apply to study geography next year. My aim is to go through clearing. I dropped out of Manchester university in March as the administration didnt listen. For example transferring to geography took 3 months, fees refund took 3 months, mouse problem in accomodation, they didnt listen until we showed mouse droppings (and even then brought in exterminated staff knew and said to us were not good)
I want to avoid such a scenario happening again. My two top choices are Exeter and Nottingham. Both have clearing places and I have a shot with my grades. I have a few questions

1 How good are lecturers replying to emails and dealing with concerns with assignments?

2 If you have issues with administration e.g an assignment refusing to be accepted when uploaded to turnitin (happened to me and took 3 weeks to sort out. Sent an email in with the assignment to the assignment address as insurance at the same time as tunitin. No idea why it took so long) how long does it take to sort out?

3 With accommodation staff how long does it take for them to respond to issues e.g a broken light/mice?
Would really appreciate a response from any Nottingham and Exeter students. Would especially like to hear from geography students from those unis.

Thank you for your help

We don't have a rep from Nottingham but the @University of Exeter may be able to answer your questions over the next couple of days. It's a busy time with A-level results so there might be a little delay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending