Health Watch

Jamesx199612
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m getting skinner and skinner by the day I thought I had hiv but turns out I don’t have it but after I came back Newcastle I started to feel strange like happiness has taken away from me I can’t eat swollen lymph nodes can feel strong heart beat like used hair falling out yellow white tongue shortness of breath can taste or smell food properly I did blood test the only thing they found was vitamin d deficiency I’m scared that if it continues the deficiency i might die i don’t deserve this i have been to the doctors three times and nothing has been done to solve this issue I’m not sure what It cause from Newcastle but whatever it is it’s not doing me any good and it has nothing to do with anxiety or depression could be that I accidentally drank from someone else is drink and caught something from it. they didn’t find anything on my chest x ray was all normal would be possible to get CAT scan may be is more effective detail in the body. Has anyone experienced this before I just wish I can feel normal again but at this I can’t carry on it really scare at this point
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can you describe your symptoms in more detail? Tell me exactly what you’re feeling.

And how long has this been going on for?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jamesx199612)
I’m getting skinner and skinner by the day I thought I had hiv but turns out I don’t have it but after I came back Newcastle I started to feel strange like happiness has taken away from me I can’t eat swollen lymph nodes can feel strong heart beat like used hair falling out yellow white tongue shortness of breath can taste or smell food properly I did blood test the only thing they found was vitamin d deficiency I’m scared that if it continues the deficiency i might die i don’t deserve this i have been to the doctors three times and nothing has been done to solve this issue I’m not sure what It cause from Newcastle but whatever it is it’s not doing me any good and it has nothing to do with anxiety or depression could be that I accidentally drank from someone else is drink and caught something from it. they didn’t find anything on my chest x ray was all normal would be possible to get CAT scan may be is more effective detail in the body. Has anyone experienced this before I just wish I can feel normal again but at this I can’t carry on it really scare at this point
It would be easier to read your post if you could edit it to include full stops. This is just one giant sentence and was pretty hard to get through.

Go back to your GP and demand more tests.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It’s been 3 months symptoms swollen lymph nodes shortness of breath loss of muscle mass and fat confusion as in it’s harder to rember things when normally I have a photographic memory don’t feel enough saliva in my mouth and it gets stuck in the back of the mouth can’t don’t feel a lot of don’t my nose white tongue can feel nice blood flow have a patch of yellow on the top of tongue weird white bloody cracks in the back of the mouth and boils on both sides of my moth hurt it a bit if If I push my finger against them can’t feel a nice feeling of fullness after a meal it’s my immune system is damaged
(Original post by Fermion.)
Can you describe your symptoms in more detail? Tell me exactly what you’re feeling.

And how long has this been going on for?
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you experiencing any numbness or loss of vision?

That all sounds quite serious. I would push for further tests at the GP. Just stand your ground. Have you had any scans?
It’s been 3 months symptoms swollen lymph nodes shortness of breath loss of muscle mass and fat confusion as in it’s harder to rember things when normally I have a photographic memory don’t feel enough saliva in my mouth and it gets stuck in the back of the mouth can’t don’t feel a lot of don’t my nose white tongue can feel nice blood flow have a patch of yellow on the top of tongue weird white bloody cracks in the back of the mouth and boils on both sides of my moth hurt it a bit if If I push my finger against them can’t feel a nice feeling of fullness after a meal it’s my immune system is damaged
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just a chest x ray can back normal
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
What is the best scan to have mri scan CAT scan as a chest x ray isn that effective

That all sounds quite serious. I would push for further tests at the GP. Just stand your ground. Have you had any scans?
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Tests and scans for what, exactly? Unneccesary testing can actually be quite harmful.

OP, you say this has nothing to do with anxiety, but being worried that you have HIV and/or have caught something by sharing someone's glass isn't exactly healthy or rational.
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
I don’t have hiv I did a seemly test l but I should got to a clinic If i have caught something from someone possibly from drinking from someone else is drink but l can’t carry on everyday feeling like this as my mouth doesn’t look healthy it looks like I have strep throat or something worse
(Original post by Etomidate)
Tests and scans for what, exactly? Unneccesary testing can actually be quite harmful.

OP, you say this has nothing to do with anxiety, but being worried that you have HIV and/or have caught something by sharing someone's glass isn't exactly healthy or rational.
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try getting a second opinion from another doctor?

Also - you can’t get HIV from sharing a drink.
I don’t have hiv I did a seemly test l but I should got to a clinic If i have caught something from someone possibly from drinking from someone else is drink but l can’t carry on everyday feeling like this as my mouth doesn’t look healthy it looks like I have strep throat or something worse
Last edited by Fermion.; 1 week ago
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well done for taking the time to actually read my post instead of just spouting more health anxiety.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
Go to the GP or call 111?
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The symptoms in your mouth sound like glandular fever to me but I don’t know how it would cause so much weight loss and over such a length of time! Try brushing your tongue and the yellow may come away; if it does then it’s just plaque.

Let the doctors do their job. In the meantime, treat it as a mental illness until proven otherwise. Are you eating properly and healthily? If you were then it would be hard to lose so much weight.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jamesx199612
Rep:
?
I’m trying eat but when i do I don’t enjoy eating food even when I feel A bit hungry it doesn’t satisfy me when i finished the meal as it used to. I know it’s hard to describe. Used to be able to eat ben and Jerry’s pizza Nando’s burgers.
I used 4 or 5 large meals a day plus snacks but I know I can’t something is going on in body and I
Don’t like I feel like feeling normal is millions of miles away used to look thick and bulk and muscular.
it may look like people think I look the same but I really don’t I can’t even fit into to my clothes any more this is something I have never experienced before I but some vitamin d3 5,000 iu hopefully that will bring me back to normal a bit but it just seems now it’s very unlikely.
(Original post by carrotstar)
The symptoms in your mouth sound like glandular fever to me but I don’t know how it would cause so much weight loss and over such a length of time! Try brushing your tongue and the yellow may come away; if it does then it’s just plaque.

Let the doctors do their job. In the meantime, treat it as a mental illness until proven otherwise. Are you eating properly and healthily? If you were then it would be hard to lose so much weight.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi. Sorry to hear you're still feeling unwell. It sounds like you are already in touch with your doctor which is good. They are the best people to help you. Sometimes things can take a little while to find and sometimes it can be confusing if you have a lot of symptoms so I suggest you keep going back to your GP after any tests they do, bring a note with all your symptoms and questions and ask them to write down a quick summary of what's happening before you go. That way you know they have all the information you can give them and you can make sure you don't forget anything after a stressful appointment. I would book a double appointment so you have more time to talk. I would include some questions like what the plan is with testing, if you need to be on any treatment for your vitamin D deficiency and what they have already ruled out.

Vitamin D deficiency is very common and usually not serious. Mostly it can make people a bit tired and is easy to treat with supplements. With small deficiencies you may not even have any symptoms or need any treatment. I would not worry about anything serious happening because of it.

TSR is not a good place to get medical advice (it's actually against the rules even). Your doctor is the best person to help you so keep talking with them. I know it can be very worrying when you are unwell and don't know why, but I think TSR or looking up symptoms online is going to make you more worried if anything. I know you have a lot of physical symptoms like your tongue and lymph nodes, but it seems like you are also feeling pretty anxious which I'm sure isn't helping. Your doctors are looking into what's wrong and that's good so try not to worry too much and just keep talking to them and following their advice. Worrying isn't going to help you at all. I know you can't just totally stop worrying, but try not to feed it by looking up scary things or anything.

Good luck with everything. I hope you feel better soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads