The Student Room Group

Do Americans who visit Europe have to deal with anti-Americanism often?

Have you ever had to deal with Europeans who were rude to you because you were American?

Have you ever been denied service because you were American?

Have you ever been insulted because you were American?

Do you find it upsetting when Europeans or foreigners in general criticize your people without any evidence and even insult them?

Do you find it depressing to think that a portion of your taxes goes to defending Europe while a lot of Europeans are ungrateful and resent you?

Do you find it depressing to think that a portion of your taxes goes to aiding poor countries while the people from these poor countries want to hurt you and even kill you?

Do you find it more enjoyable to go on holidays in the US than travel outside because of these things?

Scroll to see replies

wtf are you doing
Reply 2
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
wtf are you doing

Asking a question.

Now, your answers please.
Reply 3
Original post by Mark227
Asking a question.

Now, your answers please.

Overwhelming majority (99.9%) of users here are British. You won't get any answers.
Reply 4
But if it weren't for the Brits and other European nations saving your butts in Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11, you'd be speaking Al Qaeda now.
All they're doing is treating you like you treat your immigrants.
(edited 4 years ago)
i have never witnessed any anti-American incidents or attitudes here. maybe if i lived in one of the dodgier parts of London it would be different ?
Original post by Mark227
Have you ever had to deal with Europeans who were rude to you because you were American?

Have you ever been denied service because you were American?

Have you ever been insulted because you were American?

Do you find it upsetting when Europeans or foreigners in general criticize your people without any evidence and even insult them?

Do you find it depressing to think that a portion of your taxes goes to defending Europe while a lot of Europeans are ungrateful and resent you?

Do you find it depressing to think that a portion of your taxes goes to aiding poor countries while the people from these poor countries want to hurt you and even kill you?

Do you find it more enjoyable to go on holidays in the US than travel outside because of these things?

The majority of people I interact with through my job are Americans travelling around Europe, I've not had any of them mention being treated poorly during our visits.
Reply 7
Original post by Drewski
Overwhelming majority (99.9%) of users here are British. You won't get any answers.

The seem to be found anywhere. I even found some on a Pakistani forum.
Reply 8
Original post by Daigan
But if it weren't for the Brits and other European nations saving your butts in Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11, you'd be speaking Al Qaeda now.

Ah finally, so why did Brits and other European nations join them when majority of Europeans were against the war? Why didn't Europe and the almighty UK stopped them? You're powerful, you could've done it.
Reply 9
Original post by Daigan

Also ma'am, why is Europe still allied with the US? I thought Europeans were morally superior? I thought Europeans cared about human rights and the overall welfare of humanity, so why didn't Europe sever ties with the US and declared war on them when they were going to invade a poor nation? You know, like what Europe did with Germany way back before?
Original post by Mark227
Ah finally, so why did Brits and other European nations join them when majority of Europeans were against the war? Why didn't Europe and the almighty UK stopped them? You're powerful, you could've done it.

No, they couldn't.

Bore off :troll:
Reply 11
Original post by Drewski
No, they couldn't.

No ma'am, Europe possess one of the largest economies and most advanced technology in the world, they could've; now what I want to know is why they didn't use these?
Original post by Mark227
No ma'am, Europe possess one of the largest economies and most advanced technology in the world, they could've; now what I want to know is why they didn't use these?

No, they couldn't have. Not in the way you think.

So, because you're thick, and don't believe anything anyone tells you, I'm not going to bother talking to you.
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski
No, they couldn't have. Not in the way you think.

So, because you're thick, and don't believe anything anyone tells you, I'm not going to bother talking to you.

No ma'am, they could've. They had the money and the tech and in a way the motivation, they just lacked the push. Also ma'am, you use the word they, are you not European?

And yes, I'm thick. I'm thick because for the so long of a time I've been asking this, nobody has ever given me a response that satisfies me. Yes, there are many who have given me answers but the main problem is, they are too nationalistic or too arrogant for my taste and a lot of them are too cowardly despite having the characteristics of the first two.
Original post by Mark227
No ma'am, they could've. They had the money and the tech and in a way the motivation, they just lacked the push. Also ma'am, you use the word they, are you not European?

And yes, I'm thick. I'm thick because for the so long of a time I've been asking this, nobody has ever given me a response that satisfies me. Yes, there are many who have given me answers but the main problem is, they are too nationalistic or too arrogant for my taste and a lot of them are too cowardly despite having the characteristics of the first two.

You haven't received many replies because you are blatantly trolling.
Not American, don't know anyone at all that would be hostile to our greatest cultural and military ally
Reply 16
Original post by Mark227
Also ma'am, why is Europe still allied with the US? I thought Europeans were morally superior? I thought Europeans cared about human rights and the overall welfare of humanity, so why didn't Europe sever ties with the US and declared war on them when they were going to invade a poor nation? You know, like what Europe did with Germany way back before?

Who said Europeans were morally superior? Not me, that's for sure.
Why are people giving this troll the time of day? Already been banned numerous times.
Reply 18
Original post by ageshallnot
You haven't received many replies because you are blatantly trolling.

Trolling, hmm?. Why is Iran, North Korea and Russia being punished with sanctions when they invade or use their bombs or attempt to build a bomb? Why when the US invades and kills thousands upon millions has never been punished, not even sanctioned, not once? Why is that, ma'am? How is this now a troll.

Defenders of the USA cannot explain these things or refuse to explain it because the explanations would not be favorable towards them and explaining them would have to admit that they were wrong and it a lot of cases evil as well. This is something, the defenders of USA will never do, so, they call anyone who even questions it a troll.

I wonder if they were in a court and a witness gives his/her testimony, would they call that person a troll?
Reply 19
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Not American, don't know anyone at all that would be hostile to our greatest cultural and military ally

Not from their perspective and not especially from the Europeans I've encountered online or not and not especially the ones from Quora.

I wonder why on Earth would they still waste money and people on you, when they are getting very little from you. You are just not worth it. If I was the president of the USA, to save money, I would terminate every alliance and military treaty and shutdown every base and send the troops back home. What an arrogant claim that the US needs the world more than the world needs the USA. Europe and the world doesn't want the USA? Fine but Europeans and the rest of the world needs to stop being hypocrites as well and actually tell them to leave. Don't feed off of them while stabbing them in the back because that will only make you as worst as you claim them to be especially when Europeans are trying to attain moral superiority above all else.

"All empires will eventually die", seriously? Who would say that about their so called allies? May I remind of a truth that will hurt you that it was this evil empire that helped you rebuild after you murdered yourselves? And what about the people living in that empire? You would be masturbating to the thought of them suffering, won't you? You would have parades, beers, wines, a holiday for when that glorious moment has come and everyone on the streets of Europe would be happy after that?

Europeans are so arrogant, so narcissistic. Honestly, I never come across a genuinely nice and kind European online. All of you have been so extremely arrogant and so prideful and so stuck up and so snobbish. It's like Europeans are venting off their frustrations for not being number one anymore and I am sure you would keep venting off regardless of whether China or Russia are the superpowers. I've never been to Europe but I hope it's not like that at all. It wouldn't bother me too much if Europe still didn't clung to the US like a leech. It is also ironic because countries that the USA has actually harmed are rarely like this online or are you their voice now?

Quick Reply

Latest