Prom dress - urgent! Watch

dancer5678
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My prom is this evening and when trying on my dress last night, my mum struggled to do it up. It’s so tight.

The dress come in at my waist, and then falls down simply. It is not a figure hugging dress round my hips, and it is too tight round my chest / stomach, not my hips / thighs.

When I tried my dress on a couple of weeks back to have the length altered I don’t remember it being this tight.

I’m trying to figure out if it is supposed to be like this & if it’s okay, if it really is too tight, or if because of the zip situation I am psychologically telling myself it’s too small.

Because it is strapless it has to be tight otherwise it would fall down. However, I’m not sure if my dress is supposed to feel this tight or not. When standing I can breathe & move ok but I can still feel it, but when I try to take an exaggerated deep breath I feel like the zip will pop.

Also when I sit down it is very tight & I have to sit up perfectly straight. I am terrified that my night is going to be ruined by the zip / material busting.

I’m sorry this was very long.

Thanks in advance
woof1012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Post a picture of it, will help us advise
dancer5678
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Unfortunately my phone won’t let me upload a picture. The only way I can describe it, is that it comes in at my waist, and then the skirt goes straight down meaning there is no tight material at my hips.

The seams around the stomach / chest part aren’t pulling so I’m thinking that it fits how it should, and that it should be this tight.
(Original post by woof1012)
Post a picture of it, will help us advise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads