Feel useless at my job Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, so I had a job cleaning offices and have now switched to schools, cleaning several a day. My boss keeps telling me that I am too slow and need to speed up. Im trying but it's different to what I am used to...

Before work I feel so scared and anxious and just want to burst into tears. Any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
MEEE TOO!! whenever I clean at home and someone comments on my cleaning and the way I do things it just annoys me so much. What I suggest you do is try and work a little faster if you’ve already done so work in the speed you’re comfortable with.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At work the best strategy is usually continuous improvement in terms of speed, new skills and learning to ignore the constant criticisms of bosses that make a habit of interfering.
Don't take it personally.
At the end of the day, most people work for paycheck and spend paycheck on living expenses & fun.
Last edited by londonmyst; 1 week ago
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
I feel the same way about my job
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
UPDATE: I did actually cry before going to work on Friday. It gets me really anxious and I absolutely hate it so much. But it's a way of getting money... I just can't cope
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My boss says that she gets home late every day but then says that it's because i'm new and it will come with time... What am I to think?
(Original post by londonmyst)
At work the best strategy is usually continuous improvement in terms of speed, new skills and learning to ignore the constant criticisms of interfere bosses.
Don't take it personally.
At the end of the day, most people work for paycheck and spend paycheck on living expenses & fun.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boss says that she gets home late every day but then says that it's because i'm new and it will come with time... What am I to think?
It sounds like your boss is something of a perfectionist, has very high standards at work and expects everyone else to do the same.
Don't worry.
Over time, you will get faster and on the job experience will teach you all the best techniques to help you work faster.
But don't allow interfering coworkers to upset you.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
UPDATE: I did actually cry before going to work on Friday. It gets me really anxious and I absolutely hate it so much. But it's a way of getting money... I just can't cope
No job is worth suffering anxiety and constant mental trauma.
Are you a union member?
Do you suffer from ptsd or have a history of being bullied.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bosses are useless, just ignore them. In these kinds of jobs, they keep complaining about your speed, as this is their casual strategy to maintain efficiency.
They would complain even if it was them to spend whole week doing nothing and not even turning up at work, so having no idea what have you done at what time. It doesn't matter how fast do you work, you can be the best in the country, and they'll be complaining anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads