how to deal with consequences Watch

seesawu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello. So, I'm just gonna get right into it! I've always been a spoiled brat but now I realize I have to face the realities of life and that includes facing consequences for my actions.

I haven't been the best daughter lately. I didn't get pregnant but I'm not exactly the best child a typical Asian family would want to have. I haven't been in school in two years because of mental health problems and just enrolling again this September, I'm not working either and I'm just lazying around ugh and I feel guilty because they've invested so much in my education but I've given them nothing but disappointment.

I've gotten used to them being careful around me because I have mental health problems but now they've gotten tired of it and I understand! And I now know that my depression is just one reason on how I deal with things but not really an excuse. I always try to avoid anything complicated in life because I'm scared I might slip back to a big mental breakdown again but honestly, it's like living fake happiness when I do this and although I feel good, it's not really healthy for me to be escapist all the time right?

This is such a silly question but how do I deal with this? I just want to grow more emotionally mature too as I have to face these things sooner or later. I just don't wanna be like 'Oh I'm depressed that's why I can't deal with stuff', I wanna be more like "Ok I have Major Depression but I have to face these consequences and I'm going to do it."

Thank you so much for those who answer!
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hmmm. Have you been in therapy?
seesawu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Unfortunately no. Doctor didnt really recommend me to go to any therapy and just gave me medication. Havent visited him in a while too

(Original post by Pathway)
Hmmm. Have you been in therapy?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by seesawu)
Unfortunately no. Doctor didnt really recommend me to go to any therapy and just gave me medication. Havent visited him in a while too
Might be worth going back and asking for therapy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads