The Student Room Group

RAF WSOp Filter Interview Question

Hi all, ive applied for the role of WSOp in the RAF and i have my filter interview on the 10th of July.

I know ive left it a bit late, but im not sure as to whether or not current affairs will be brought up. I know that commissioned officer applicants are expected to talk about current affairs, but WSOp is an NCO rank. My assumption has been that i would need to talk about current affairs because as a WSOp youre still in a position of leadership.

If theres anyone here that has recently sat an NCO filter interview or has knowledge about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Oliver
Current affairs are part of every interview if I am not mistaken, regardless of officer, NCO or airman.
Reply 2
Original post by Oliverjoy
Hi all, ive applied for the role of WSOp in the RAF and i have my filter interview on the 10th of July.

I know ive left it a bit late, but im not sure as to whether or not current affairs will be brought up. I know that commissioned officer applicants are expected to talk about current affairs, but WSOp is an NCO rank. My assumption has been that i would need to talk about current affairs because as a WSOp youre still in a position of leadership.

If theres anyone here that has recently sat an NCO filter interview or has knowledge about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Oliver

How did the interview go? Any tips?
Original post by cookie_slap
Current affairs are part of every interview if I am not mistaken, regardless of officer, NCO or airman.

Mostly correct. Current affairs are only applicable to NCO and Officer applicants. Airmen do not have to do this.
My mistake! I had a friend who I thought did but on reflection he went the NCO route and failed at OASC so he became an airman instead.

Quick Reply

Latest