Persian alevel Watch

ArtmisKco
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got an A* in gcse so is alevel Persian harder and if so by how much? I’m fluent in Persian and want to do it as a 4th alevel but practice at home with my mum
Palmyra
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Salam, if you're fluent it won't matter? You can look at some A-level Persian past papers to get an idea of their difficulty.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Salam and thank you! It’s just that when I talked to the college instructor about doing an alevel in Persian he said that it’s way harder than GCSEs especially if I won’t have a teacher. But I don’t believe the difficulty matters especially because I’m fluent and I have my parents to help me.
Palmyra
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Salam and thank you! It’s just that when I talked to the college instructor about doing an alevel in Persian he said that it’s way harder than GCSEs especially if I won’t have a teacher. But I don’t believe the difficulty matters especially because I’m fluent and I have my parents to help me.
Yes if you are fluent it will be fine if you study hard and prepare well. Just look at some sample examination material and see for yourself if you think you can do it:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...n-2018-Sep.pdf
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
I see thank you!
Palmyra
Report 1 month ago
I see thank you!
khahesh mikonam
armintahmaseb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I did it this year and it was so easy tbf easy A*
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is cool
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you! I was wondering as well (I’m fluent in Persian and Kurdish) apparently universities don’t accept alevels that are to do with your native language (besides English of course) but Persian is like a second or even a third language for me like I kind of just picked it up and Kurdish is my native language so this means that universities have to accept the Persian alevel right? And that they cannot decline it because it is not my native language?
MistyPresence
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm curious though, why would you take it?

Will it help you get a degree that can earn you money?
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I guess if I do badly in one alevel? Like a Backup? No it won’t help me to get a degree beside it being a backup
Wooord
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank you! I was wondering as well (I’m fluent in Persian and Kurdish) apparently universities don’t accept alevels that are to do with your native language (besides English of course) but Persian is like a second or even a third language for me like I kind of just picked it up and Kurdish is my native language so this means that universities have to accept the Persian alevel right? And that they cannot decline it because it is not my native language?
Best to ring up the Unis you want to go to and find out, just to make sure. Different universities have different rules
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
armintahmaseb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Theres no such a thing as native language on ucas application, universities see it as a foreign language u can also include it in ur personal statement saying that u spent time learning it .I asked many universities and they said they would accept it as a 4th alevel
armintahmaseb
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
no it wouldnt help you get a degree however it will be a strong point in your ucas application for example im applying to dentistry and if i get an A* it woud be the first grade like A*AAB and they wouldn't know which alevel it is unless going into details so it will help ur application to stand out.
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Ah I see thank you!! I’ll give it my best shot and I’ll do it then. I’ll ring up the universities just in case too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads