American woman faces up to 20 years in prison for tampering with ice creams Watch

Archurus23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
gross but 20 years would be ridiculous

murderers in England get less than that!
Just goes to show how stupid England’s law system is towards murderers then. Not that I disagree.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Archurus23)
Just goes to show how stupid England’s law system is towards murderers then. Not that I disagree.
In fairness if its a choice between the laxity of British laws or the barbarism of American ones it wouldnt seem to be much of a choice, no?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
gross but 20 years would be ridiculous

murderers in England get less than that!
Maybe we should up our murder sentences then
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xxlaila03xx)
plant man I'd expect better from you
What? Zayn, you’re just jealous that I can make puns and you can’t :lol:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
In fairness if its a choice between the laxity of British laws or the barbarism of American ones it wouldnt seem to be much of a choice, no?
(Original post by Qup)
America is not England.
It darn well should be.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
It darn well should be.
Isn't cooking your citizens alive a bit... gruesome? I'm not sure i'd trust May with such laws (never mind the like of Johnson or Corbyn).
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Isn't cooking your citizens alive a bit... gruesome? I'm not sure i'd trust May with such laws (never mind the like of Johnson or Corbyn).
My apologies. My reply was only meant for qup and not yourself. Must have clicked the wrong button,
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is no way that she will get 20 years. In fact she won't get anything since she is under 18.

Anyone who thought she would be incarcerated for 20 years in living in a fantasy.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...years-n1026556

Basically she was dumb enough to video herself opening tubs of ice cream in a shop, licking them and putting them back in the freezer, before posting it on social media as a "prank". Also up to $10k fine. Stupidity is often costly :flute:
20 years is a lot. It is more than some people get for rape
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's a high maximum sentence because food and drug tampering has been used by extortionists and religious/ideological nutters to cause some serious harm. https://www.dw.com/en/food-tampering...rld/g-45516037

Obviously the authorities are going to want a punishment that makes it clear that it's not worth contaminating peoples food with your saliva to boost your social media popularity...

I think it's very unlikely she'll get anything near the maximum punishments - fwiw in the UK the ASDA 'chicken licker' got 2 months https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...cker-is-jailed
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
There's a high maximum sentence because food and drug tampering has been used by extortionists and religious/ideological nutters to cause some serious harm. https://www.dw.com/en/food-tampering...rld/g-45516037

Obviously the authorities are going to want a punishment that makes it clear that it's not worth contaminating peoples food with your saliva to boost your social media popularity...

I think it's very unlikely she'll get anything near the maximum punishments - fwiw in the UK the ASDA 'chicken licker' got 2 months https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...cker-is-jailed
Wait, what? There was someone who licked chicken at ASDA? Wow
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Wait, what? There was someone who licked chicken at ASDA? Wow
Well he made youtube videos that looked exactly like he was licking chicken and putting it back on the shelves... and also stamping on chicken and putting it back on the shelves but in court he claimed the chicken licking was simulated.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well he made youtube videos that looked exactly like he was licking chicken and putting it back on the shelves... and also stamping on chicken and putting it back on the shelves but in court he claimed the chicken licking was simulated.
That is disgusting. Some people’s stupidity knows no bounds.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
That is disgusting. Some people’s stupidity knows no bounds.
unintended consequence of putting cameras into mobile phones I guess.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
unintended consequence of putting cameras into mobile phones I guess.
That is true
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My brother used to lick my chestnuts. Does he get 20 years for that?

Honestly I foraged in our local woods for hours, took ages peeling them, out then in a neat row around the edge of my plate, turned round and he had licked them all so I couldn’t eat them
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm glad that the police aren't letting it slide tbh. It should deter other kids from doing stupid **** and make them question if their stupid actions actually have criminal consequences and to think twice before doing it. 20 years is a little OTT but I think she should definitely receive a prison sentence and a fine. What she did was disgusting.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MinaBee)
What the hell is wrong with people?
Clout chasing
Qup
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
It darn well should be.
I don't think Americans who's ancestors fought a war against the British, twice it seems, and currently believe it has no law protected freedom would be happy with that statement.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
20 years.... surely it should be 99

Or even hundreds and thousands. To be fair, though, US sentencing policy is a bit flakey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads