The Student Room Group

Made a clearing offer - cant sign into track

Hi, I have been made a clearing offer (verified by the university through an email).
I have not applied through UCAS at all.
The email states -
"How to accept your offer - Logon to UCAS track, Click Add Clearing Choice, Enter the University and Course codes.."

So I created an account/profile with UCAS. The I assumed I could log in to UCAS track with those log in details. No luck.

Further, I tried resetting the track passwords but it says that my email isn't registered with any account.

Tried calling the UCAS helpline but it's too late now, I have 48 hours to accept the offer.

Any ideas??
Original post by Lloyd786
Hi, I have been made a clearing offer (verified by the university through an email).
The email states -
"How to accept your offer - Logon to UCAS track, Click Add Clearing Choice, Enter the University and Course codes.."

So I created an account/profile with UCAS. The I assumed I could log in to UCAS track with those log in details. No luck.

Further, I tried resetting the track passwords but it says that my email isn't registered with any account.

Tried calling the UCAS helpline but it's too late now, I have 48 hours to accept the offer.

Any ideas??

Contact the university first thing tomorrow. They will have people answering phones on the weekend. Just state that you didn’t apply through UCAS, aren’t able to create an account, so how can you accept?
The email states -

Any ideas??

Email the university to let them know that your application hasn’t been processed by ucas yet and ask them to extend your deadline.
Finish your ucas application, get your reference added and pay and send it to ucas.

Add the choice on Track.
Original post by carrotstar
Contact the university first thing tomorrow. They will have people answering phones on the weekend. Just state that you didn’t apply through UCAS, aren’t able to create an account, so how can you accept?

Universities will not normally have admissions staff working weekends in July.
Original post by PQ
Universities will not normally have admissions staff working weekends in July.

That doesn’t make much sense to me; surely prospective students will have plenty of queries about their offers?

Edit: OP, which university is it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by carrotstar
That doesn’t make much sense to me; surely prospective students will have plenty of queries about their offers?

Edit: OP, which university is it?

Just because applicants have questions doesn’t mean universities will pay for overtime.

July is the only time in the summer that most admissions staff can take holidays. They do. And they won’t be working weekends. Holiday bans and weekend working kicks in during August.
What I had to do was, apply even by paying. Then I could go on track. And I did everything. Have you paid on UCAS, has your teacher sent if off. I had to send it off and then emailed my teacher to accept it and then was able to login to track.

I did this in August last year. I had already made by payment couple of months before. My teacher told me to do a foundation year and I told her that I don’t want to apply so leave it. But during August I sent my application again (already paid before) and told my teacher to send it off (emailed her) or accept it.

This was during sixth form. The teacher was my business teacher and sixth form head.
Reply 7
I am a mature student (34) so don't have a teacher.
Original post by Rae guan
What I had to do was, apply even by paying. Then I could go on track. And I did everything. Have you paid on UCAS, has your teacher sent if off. I had to send it off and then emailed my teacher to accept it and then was able to login to track.

I did this in August last year. I had already made by payment couple of months before. My teacher told me to do a foundation year and I told her that I don’t want to apply so leave it. But during August I sent my application again (already paid before) and told my teacher to send it off (emailed her) or accept it.

This was during sixth form. The teacher was my business teacher and sixth form head.
Reply 8
Just realised it says this when you click on "Choices" on the apply. "The Clearing process has now begun. This means that you cannot add choices to your application at this time of year. When you submit your application you will receive a Clearing Number in return. You can then contact universities directly in order to obtain a place."

So.. I'm thinking I must be able to submit an application. Maybe just filling all the other sections and trying to complete it. Hopefully will give me the login details for track after that? Will let you guys know. Thanks for the replies
Just realised it says this when you click on "Choices" on the apply. "The Clearing process has now begun. This means that you cannot add choices to your application at this time of year. When you submit your application you will receive a Clearing Number in return. You can then contact universities directly in order to obtain a place."

So.. I'm thinking I must be able to submit an application. Maybe just filling all the other sections and trying to complete it. Hopefully will give me the login details for track after that? Will let you guys know. Thanks for the replies

You have to submit the application then you ll get the option to add a clearing choice.

You only get login details for Track once you complete your application (including reference and payment) in Apply.
Reply 11
SOLVED:

Ok thanks for the help. I think I was confused because I coudn't choose a Degree Subject in Apply.
So I have to fill out the application as normal in Apply without choosing a subject. Then after log into track and add the Clearing Subject that I want to study.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending