Relationship advice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone,

Just gonna get straight to the point. I’m a female and I wasn’t born in the UK. I came to this country when I was 13. Now I’m 21, and Alhamdulillah (thanks to ALLAH SWT) my English is very good so is my accent and people I meet every now and then doesn’t even realise I wasn’t born in this country unless I tell them.

I was always afraid to go into relationships and always rejected guys because I feel like when they find out I wasn’t born in this country they will be ashamed of me.

However, I now like a guy and he likes me too and ignoring my fear I started dating him without telling him that I wasn’t born in this country.

The last thing I wanna do is hide things from him but I also don’t wanna tell him that I’m a “FRESHIE” because he will leave me because SOME immature people born in this country has a problem with people that wasn’t born in this country.

I don’t want him to find out my truth from people that I'm a “FRESHIE”

I don’t know what to do because I know he will leave me because he’s one of those popular guys from my town and he obviously will be ashamed of me.

What should I do??????

Thanks so much to you all in advance x
Nousername2431
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whats so wrong with not being born in this country? Personally, I feel like that makes a person unique and more interesting. Especially if you came at 13, it means you have memories before this country and if my partner was born out of this country I’d love to here them. I think you should tell him, if he responds positively, good. If he responds negatively, you shouldn’t have someone like that in your life. He should respect you. So Be proud of your origins and work it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for your advice really appreciate it!
(Original post by Nousername2431)
Whats so wrong with not being born in this country? Personally, I feel like that makes a person unique and more interesting. Especially if you came at 13, it means you have memories before this country and if my partner was born out of this country I’d love to here them. I think you should tell him, if he responds positively, good. If he responds negatively, you shouldn’t have someone like that in your life. He should respect you. So Be proud of your origins and work it.
Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just tell him and if he rejects you because you come from a different country then he was never the right one for you. Also you learned a new language which is pretty impressive so idk what’s not to like!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thankss xx
(Original post by Olivia.Omo16)
Just tell him and if he rejects you because you come from a different country then he was never the right one for you. Also you learned a new language which is pretty impressive so idk what’s not to like!
Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Np
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thankss xx
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I don’t know why for the past few days he’s been ignoring me. Not texting or calling me but he’s online and he’s Snapchat score is ridiculously going up 😔😔
Nousername2431
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don’t know why for the past few days he’s been ignoring me. Not texting or calling me but he’s online and he’s Snapchat score is ridiculously going up 😔😔
Have you told him? Or is it just a random thing? The guy I’m talking to hasn’t spoken to me properly these past few days too. I’m hoping it’s just a guy thing. Hope it goes okay for you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I didn’t tell him anything
It’s not fair
I miss him so much!

Have you told him? Or is it just a random thing? The guy I’m talking to hasn’t spoken to me properly these past few days too. I’m hoping it’s just a guy thing. Hope it goes okay for you
Nousername2431
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I didn’t tell him anything
It’s not fair
I miss him so much!
Message him and ask him if he’s okay. There may be a reason as to why he isn’t talking as much
RachelThorpe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just open up and tell the truth that you are not belonging to this country. Try to realize that you truly like him and don't want to let go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads