Small boobs after anorexia

Watch
AriAlex
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’ve never had big boobs, they’ve always been small but is there any chance they’ll grow? I lost a lot of weight around puberty time (ish) and even tho I’m well weight restored, my boobs haven’t changed, they’re still tiny. Have I stunted their growth? Will they ever grow? Cos genetics say I should have medium size boobs, not non existent ones
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
well done on overcoming your horrible illness. do not fret about your lack of chest fat... only very shallow people would judge you on superficial appearance.
I’m_triene
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
it will take a while for your breasts to get to that state, after I recovered from anorexia I had smaller breasts but a couple months later after maintaining my weight I went up 2 cup sizes so don't lose hope.
AriAlex
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
well done on overcoming your horrible illness. do not fret about your lack of chest fat... only very shallow people would judge you on superficial appearance.
Thanks just makes me feel less feminine
AriAlex
Rep:
?
Thanks for the hope aha
(Original post by elwesannabelle)
it will take a while for your breasts to get to that state, after I recovered from anorexia I had smaller breasts but a couple months later after maintaining my weight I went up 2 cup sizes so don't lose hope.
angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What do you mean "genetics say..."? how do you know?
AriAlex
Rep:
?
Both my mums and dads side of women have big boobs lol. Which should mean I get them too?
(Original post by angelike1)
What do you mean "genetics say..."? how do you know?
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AriAlex)
Both my mums and dads side of women have big boobs lol. Which should mean I get them too?
I read "both my mum and dad have big boobs"

tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
nope only way to get nice boobies is implants
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
you are fake news

all boobs are beautiful
AriAlex
Rep:
?
(Original post by Palmyra)
I read "both my mum and dad have big boobs"

Lmao
AriAlex
Rep:
?
Nah implants don’t look natural and you have to get them replaced every few years, plus no money
(Original post by tesconyc)
angelike1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AriAlex)
Meh not always. I'm pretty sure growth is like 80% genetics so even if your anorexia did have an effect it wasn't by much.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It will depend on your weight... You're weight restored but are you as heavy as your busty relatives? Also right after weight restoration the fat settles weirdly ime and within sort of 2-12 months it redistributed a bit.
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
They'd probably grow after pregnancy.
rro
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm now in my mid forties, after being mildly anorexic as a teenager....and have always been flat chested. Now, after 3 kids my boobs are non existent. Lift my arms up and they disappear altogether They started off as an A cup, and I've lost half a cup size after each child. I used to stress about it, but as I've got older it bothers me less. I don't think I've ever met a woman with smaller boobs than me...but it didn't seem to hinder me in finding a boyfriend or a husband...and was a positive advantage for breast feeding. All my better -endowed friends had numerous difficulties with breast feeding, but I had no problems at all. Plus it never hurts to run, or jump up stairs etc. I don't get back ache. The biggest issue is not being able to find dresses to fit. But there are many worse things that can happen in life than that. Being young is so stressful. Its great being older and realising that a lot of stuff you used to fret about really isn't that big a deal after all. xx
Catrin Fay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
don’t worry about your size! i spent years worrying about why my boobs weren’t as big as my friend’s or social media influencers until i finally realised that bigger boobs doesn’t mean better! we are all beautiful!! i know many people with bigger boobs who want smaller ones and people with small boobs who want bigger ones, I don’t think any of us will ever be truly happy with how we look no matter how much we change ourselves, but we need to just accept that everyone is different and everyone is beautiful, comparison never brought anyone any happiness 🌻💞✨🍬🌱
AriAlex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by rro)
I'm now in my mid forties, after being mildly anorexic as a teenager....and have always been flat chested. Now, after 3 kids my boobs are non existent. Lift my arms up and they disappear altogether They started off as an A cup, and I've lost half a cup size after each child. I used to stress about it, but as I've got older it bothers me less. I don't think I've ever met a woman with smaller boobs than me...but it didn't seem to hinder me in finding a boyfriend or a husband...and was a positive advantage for breast feeding. All my better -endowed friends had numerous difficulties with breast feeding, but I had no problems at all. Plus it never hurts to run, or jump up stairs etc. I don't get back ache. The biggest issue is not being able to find dresses to fit. But there are many worse things that can happen in life than that. Being young is so stressful. Its great being older and realising that a lot of stuff you used to fret about really isn't that big a deal after all. xx
Thank you xx
JenniferWolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by I’m_triene)
Thank you this makes me hopeful. I used to have a D when I was 16. I got anorexic and went down to a C.. feels like barley a C.. I’m starting to get better but I’m worried they’ll never grow back. I’m 18 now so past the whole boob growth spurt and my sister is a DD and I feel behind. We had the same growth patterns till I got anorexic. I’ve been a C since I got anorexic and I’m worried I stunted my growth and missed out on them growing. I’m afraid I’ll never even get back up to a D. Missing my old healthy body!! Lol! Boys ruined my health but thankfully I’m past it. Thank you again you really have me hope.
SophieD929
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Boobs don't make you beautiful. Having overcome Anorexia is incredible and I'm so proud of your journey. I recognise that you want big boobs and have a sister with a larger cup size, but big boobs can cause some other major health issues. You may not gain much, but a C cup is a completely respectable bust size, and whatever happens, you are a beautiful person. Anyone who can't see that isn't deserving of you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (271)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.97%
Isolating with family (123)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.47%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (146)
8.36%
Loneliness (173)
9.91%
Financial worries (69)
3.95%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.1%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (155)
8.88%

Watched Threads