Katelouisa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bsb2392)
Wanting to do my project with bacteria but I have no idea what to research.
Hey, I did mine on investigating the effects of antimicrobials (various spices) on bacterial growth. I found this project really interesting and was able to link it well the biological significance due to the rising antibiotic resistance. The underlying biology also does not have to all link to the course it just has to be the same level so that allows much more information! I ended up with an A this year and am going on to study medicine so am happy to answer any questions on the project or course. Good Luck!
Last edited by Katelouisa; 3 weeks ago
Katelouisa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bulbasaur55)
Hey everyone, can you all recommend me the best textbook for ADH biology this year, preferably with updated content?
The bright red books are by far the best for Advanced Higher and are a good aid to get your head around some of the wordier topics!
Coderemove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bsb2392)
Wanting to do my project with bacteria but I have no idea what to research.
Bacteria from what my teacher said is an awful idea. Hard to control, and easy to mess up due to human error. I am doing enzyme activity and heavy ions, easy ~17 marks.
bsb2392
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Coderemove)
Bacteria from what my teacher said is an awful idea. Hard to control, and easy to mess up due to human error. I am doing enzyme activity and heavy ions, easy ~17 marks.
I already have done a biology project on bacteria this summer at the St Andrews university and I don't think its hard, however I also did some enzyme experiments and they failed 3 times.

my teacher says enzymes are a bad idea for project as they are easily denatured and fail a lot.
bsb2392
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Katelouisa)
Hey, I did mine on investigating the effects of antimicrobials (various spices) on bacterial growth. I found this project really interesting and was able to link it well the biological significance due to the rising antibiotic resistance. The underlying biology also does not have to all link to the course it just has to be the same level so that allows much more information! I ended up with an A this year and am going on to study medicine so am happy to answer any questions on the project or course. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for the idea. If I have questions I will be in touch with you.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If anyone is interested in doing an animal behaviour based project, applications to do it at Edinburgh Zoo or the Highland Wildlife Park close on Monday, so make sure you get your applications in!

https://www.rzss.org.uk/rzss-educati...nvestigations/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads