Confused - transgender?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so, ive known for the longest time im trans for many reasons which ill not drone on about here, but even though im firm on who i am i still think its not right to be like this, as in it probably stems from a mental illness. because im open to and believe both sides of the argument im a bit confused on if it really is ok or not. ive done my research and see so many people so quick to defend it saying its natural but i get a feeling that these people just say that because there are others out there who will make it out that theyre homopobes or whatever u call it, if they say otherwise. i mean, people trying to normalise something that may not be acceptable after all? idk
i dont wanna be conflicted in something like this so if it really is a mental illness then i need to find a therapist pronto to make me be cis/straight/whatever lol.
it feels like such a trivial topic but at the same time its confusing to know whether it is an okay thing or not, if u know what i mean. thoughts?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ghanna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am a Christian. From this alone you are allowed to presume I'm also transphobic. Somehow this religion so focused on love and community seems to be entangled with a view of hate and discrimination. But please let me put this view to rest and hopefully it will give you some peace too. You must feel very confused, scared and lonely. The last thing I would want to hear is people telling me what to feel. So I'm going to respect your feelings and instead I'm just going to tell you how it is. In my school I have a transgender friend. I saw his transformation. It was very very very difficult for him to come to terms with his identity as a Male. At first him and I were cold to each other, no proper reason why though. Yeh he was annoying (who isnt it). But we became friends. Gifted, it took 3 years of debating. His friends were my friends and it took no less than 5 seconds for them to make a checklist of every wrong deed any catholic or christian or anybody made in the name of Christ, so dont worry about that... you will have an ARMY of support if you chose to carry on with this process... it was no fun. But what they didnt know or what he didn't know, is that it would've taken me 10 minutes not 3 years to become his friend. We didnt need to have more people shouting at each other about their opinions. All I needed was someone to explain to me how they felt and what they needed me to do. That's all. You see, God IS love. For the LGBTQ+ community, there symbol is a rainbow. For me it is a cross. This cross is a symbol of pain and sacrifice. But let me tell you something, love is sacrifice and compromise. And Jesus Christ gave up his life because he loves you so so so much. And every single christian aspires to be like Jesus Christ. And because He loves you so much, so do we and so do I. A church isnt a place for the holy people. It's a hospital for the sinners. You are allowed to feel this way. Find your gender identity. All I want is for you to find your identity in Christ. If we judge please forgive us. You see, gaining an ally is possible with persuasion and willingness to educate. However it is not always an option. That's just how life is. I can connect you to this friend if you would like. And you can always talk to me too. God bless you and please forgive me if I came off too strong. I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just trying to educate you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ghanna)
I am a Christian. From this alone you are allowed to presume I'm also transphobic. Somehow this religion so focused on love and community seems to be entangled with a view of hate and discrimination. But please let me put this view to rest and hopefully it will give you some peace too. You must feel very confused, scared and lonely. The last thing I would want to hear is people telling me what to feel. So I'm going to respect your feelings and instead I'm just going to tell you how it is. In my school I have a transgender friend. I saw his transformation. It was very very very difficult for him to come to terms with his identity as a Male. At first him and I were cold to each other, no proper reason why though. Yeh he was annoying (who isnt it). But we became friends. Gifted, it took 3 years of debating. His friends were my friends and it took no less than 5 seconds for them to make a checklist of every wrong deed any catholic or christian or anybody made in the name of Christ, so dont worry about that... you will have an ARMY of support if you chose to carry on with this process... it was no fun. But what they didnt know or what he didn't know, is that it would've taken me 10 minutes not 3 years to become his friend. We didnt need to have more people shouting at each other about their opinions. All I needed was someone to explain to me how they felt and what they needed me to do. That's all. You see, God IS love. For the LGBTQ+ community, there symbol is a rainbow. For me it is a cross. This cross is a symbol of pain and sacrifice. But let me tell you something, love is sacrifice and compromise. And Jesus Christ gave up his life because he loves you so so so much. And every single christian aspires to be like Jesus Christ. And because He loves you so much, so do we and so do I. A church isnt a place for the holy people. It's a hospital for the sinners. You are allowed to feel this way. Find your gender identity. All I want is for you to find your identity in Christ. If we judge please forgive us. You see, gaining an ally is possible with persuasion and willingness to educate. However it is not always an option. That's just how life is. I can connect you to this friend if you would like. And you can always talk to me too. God bless you and please forgive me if I came off too strong. I'm not trying to convert you, I'm just trying to educate you.
didnt come off strong at all, i really appreciate what you said, it was helpful, really although im not a real christian myself, i appreciate how it basically teaches people to not fight. so your argument is that its wrong to discriminate on anyone even lgbtq+ because we are all still 'gods children' as you would say, right? x
Ghanna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
didnt come off strong at all, i really appreciate what you said, it was helpful, really although im not a real christian myself, i appreciate how it basically teaches people to not fight. so your argument is that its wrong to discriminate on anyone even lgbtq+ because we are all still 'gods children' as you would say, right? x
You are getting it. So basically if part of your confusion is coming from religious homophobia there shouldn't be anything to worry about. normal is a social construct. so just do what you have to do to feel comfortable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.73%
No I am happy with my course choice (507)
59.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.44%

Watched Threads