The Student Room Group

GCSE key stage 4 opt ions

I’m struggling with picking my options , i can not decide between geography and computing.
I am good geography predicted a 8 at GCSE and enjoy it
I am average at computing predicted a 5 and links to what I want to become: electric auto motive engineer

What should I pick ?
(edited 4 years ago)
You should do geography because you'll get a higher grade on it and you enjoy it. Unless you need computing science GCSE for a level computing science, which some sixth form/colleges do, and that a level computing science is needed for a degree that links with that but idk so you should do research. Honestly, you don't need a specific GCSEs subject you need to do, just good enough grades like 9-4 unless you need it for competitiveness for a uni degree which is competitive. It only matters for education after secondary and before uni.
Pick what you will need and what will help you in your A levels, because I presume that they made those predicted grades from your SATS so they will re do those predicted grades after your first term doing that subject.
Original post by Aahbggdd
I’m struggling with picking my options , i can not decide between geography and computing.
I am good geography predicted a 8 at GCSE and enjoy it
I am average at computing predicted a 5 and links to what I want to become: electric auto motive engineer

What should I pick ?

Quick Reply

Latest