Scared of going out.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have severe anxiety about going out of my house because of the stuff that is going on nowadays like stabbings, bomb attacks, acid attacks, shootings, bullies/kids killing people etc. I just don’t want to die that way or be a victim. The only place that I feel safe is at home.
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay...then just stay at home?

What is a bunch of TSR users going to tell you?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you getting any input for your mental health? Therapist perhaps?
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
but what is the probability of it happening to you?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A lot of the people who this happens to are targeted because they're in with the wrong crowd, they've upset somebody who is trying to get revenge, or they're being targeted for another reason. There is no reason that this should happen to you, so don't worry about it. Terrorism, though scary, affects the absolute minority of people, and it can never be predicted, so there is no point in worrying about it, at all.

I would suggest that you get help for your mental health. Staying at home all the time is much more likely to cause you harm in the long term than getting out and about and living your life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ltsmith)
but what is the probability of it happening to you?
If I was at school, highly likely because I am very short for an average 18 year old, but I left at 17 due to personal reasons and also due to the fear of getting out of my house. I also normally get bullied at school a lot when I didn’t do anything wrong. I am not at school though so unlikely.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Are you getting any input for your mental health? Therapist perhaps?
No, i am scared of leaving the house so how am I supposed to travel to my therapist?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, i am scared of leaving the house so how am I supposed to travel to my therapist?
IAPT services in different mental health trusts often have online CBT for people who are unable to leave their house for whatever reason.
rjckk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you boy or girl? How old are you now?
If I was at school, highly likely because I am very short for an average 18 year old, but I left at 17 due to personal reasons and also due to the fear of getting out of my house. I also normally get bullied at school a lot when I didn’t do anything wrong. I am not at school though so unlikely.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rjckk)
Are you boy or girl? How old are you now?
Girl 18, how is that relevant?
rjckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear you get bullied,but still wish you to go to school again
Girl 18, how is that relevant?
suitepee
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have severe anxiety about going out of my house because of the stuff that is going on nowadays like stabbings, bomb attacks, acid attacks, shootings, bullies/kids killing people etc. I just don’t want to die that way or be a victim. The only place that I feel safe is at home.
If you want to try getting out of the house more, could you start by going out on small visits to places close by to your home e.g. local shop. Maybe go with someone and slowly build up the amount of distance you go, and then maybe go out without someone. Kind of like a DIY exposure therapy. However, it may also be worth seeing if you can get online CBT from the NHS - you can often self refer online.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by suitepee)
If you want to try getting out of the house more, could you start by going out on small visits to places close by to your home e.g. local shop. Maybe go with someone and slowly build up the amount of distance you go, and then maybe go out without someone. Kind of like a DIY exposure therapy. However, it may also be worth seeing if you can get online CBT from the NHS - you can often self refer online.
Things are happening near my house so I am still scared of going to the local shop, and I don’t go out because I choose to but when I do (rare) I always go with someone, and tomorrow I am going to the Mile End park with my siblings and my mum so I guess that’s doing something. And going to the job centre with my dad is also forcing me to go out, but even then still terrified.
Sepslither
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Okay...then just stay at home?

What is a bunch of TSR users going to tell you?
That's just insensitive. People have had experience from their past like this and can actually help him / her. And yeah sure they can just stay at home but they won't have a home for long if they dont leave the house because no job.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Honestly we're all going to die anyway. You might die tomorrow in your sleep. You may as well live life to the fullest.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (152)
17.76%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.76%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (123)
14.37%

Watched Threads