Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have felt like this for some time now where nobody in my school likes me. My “close friends” pick on me because I’m fatter than them, have disabilities, not as smart as them and loads more. When around them they speak about me like I’m not even there, i try to be as nice as possible to everyone. I managed to get my so called friend a job where I work part time as a waiter. I ask them when they are working next to see if we would be working on the same day, he shouted at me around everyone. One of my friends asked him would I be working with him and he replied very nastily “I hope not” everyone laughed and it made me feel like a fool. If I try spending my dinner time around others my friends pick on me as I am hanging around with others or sometimes I spend dinners with a adult as I trust him (he goes round the school with the naughty kids not being naughty myself but I am autistic none of my friends know this and I trust this adult). My friends will often plan stuff around me without inviting me, the other week they were all talking about playing football after school in front of me without thinking of inviting me. In one of my classes I get sharpeners thrown at me along with many other items, the teacher does see this but shouts at me for protecting myself and hiding. The only time anyone is ever nice to me is if they want something, sub as because I am good at maths they want me to help them revise for maths exams or maybe if they have nobody to hang around with on xbox I am last resort. I often feel I am being ganged up on as my friends will find anything to argue with me about. This makes me sad and I often feel like crying and often do at night. I feel afraid around one of my friends as he can think of me as a punching bag as he knows I will do nothing back. In another one of my classes one of my friends often try to get someone else to sit next to him so he doesn’t have to be with me because I “annoy him” even though I don't do anything to annoy him.

Since nobody else in my school year likes me I feel alone in school. I try to fit in but people just use me and laugh at me.

Please help I don’t know what to do! I feel like I can’t find new friends as I am autistic and don’t like change. There is also nobody in my school year that has the same interests as me.
neeve72
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does your school have a safe space or somewhere people can go to during break and lunch times or during lessons if they are feeling bullied or lonely? If so then you could talk to someone there about your situation and see what they say. It may sound scary but I did it and I’ve found nicer friends now.
Hope that helps
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Sad to hear this, sounds like your friends arent that nice. R you in a secondary school and do you spend much tine with family? It might help spending time with them and discuss this with someone close like the adult you hv dinner with. you can try find friends outside school or in the neighbourhood. I was bullied by a bunch of rich kids in my primary school and the teachers didnt say a thing because they are rich and gives money to the school. I used to find hanging around in the library helps because its a quiet place. I ended up meeting a new friend and she is the only one i have contact with till now.
xafsa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i rly wanna give you a hug right now
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Big hugs.
madzlovesbudz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like those people aren't your true friends at all! You deserve better, it makes me sad to hear that you are being treated this way. I think you need to speak to someone at your school about how you are feeling. It may seem scary but they are there to help you! & who knows, there may be someone else at your school who feels the same. Also, if there is no one at your school with the same interests, maybe consider joining some clubs outside of your school? I know you said you don't like change, but if you could just push yourself to do this one thing, it may help you feel better! Just a thought

I really hope you get this sorted.
Good luck.
StayingTrue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is a really sad post. You do not deserve anything that you are going through. In a way, I understand how you are feeling. It took me a really really long time for me to make proper friends. From your post, I am guessing the likelihood of finding a decent friend / human-being in your school is very low. Maybe, you should try to find a friend in a an extracurricular club out of school or volunteer at a charity. Volunteering is a safe place for me and provides the biggest reward and satisfaction. I used to volunteer at my local hospital, being also a chubby person, I found people who greeted me so warmly.
If you want to talk to me about any problems, just message me.

From
A genuine friend
LadyScheherazade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This makes me upset cause i relate to it so much, I'm quite shy and socially awkward, so when I moved schools I was basically a loner for so many years. And I was nice and treated everyone nicely but I was always teased and not taken seriously. It's gotten better now that I have grown up and found some friends and gained a bit of confidence. It always gets better, from the way you describe it there is no one who you feel like will be friends in your school, I will think of joining some clubs, talking to teachers (it does actually help sometimes), looking for a quiet place at school (my personal favourite place was the library) and join some extracurricular activities outside of school, so you can actually make some nice friends. Final advice, stop associating with them if they treat so badly, you are a person at the end of the day, and no one deserves to get treated like that. Feel free to PM me whenever you want xx.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (138)
28.93%

Watched Threads