username498856
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
we had year 12 mocks a few weeks ago and since then we have started year 13 modules in all my subjects as well as the NEA in geography. the NEA itself has caused me so much stress and panic because i just can’t seem to ever meet the deadlines and i hate the idea of asking anyone questionnaires to collect my data. i take chemistry, maths and AS RE and as well as this i plan to do an epq and theres just so much work going on i don’t really know what to do. not to mention i despise one of my teachers, who is also my NEA supervisor so i was thinking about dropping geography and taking up RE as a full a level as i think i could catch up the work i’ve missed over summer.
JEG666
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It sort of depends on what you think will be most useful for you in the future but also what you think will be best for your mental health in terms of stress levels. I did 4, dropped to 3 and did an EPQ and found it manageable so I'm sure if you organise your time you will be okay in this respect. But in terms of geo vs RE you have to ask yourself what will help you most in the future and what do you like more... If you take geo fully and drop RE but the stress of the NEA means you get a lower grade it probably won't be as useful to you as a high grade in a subject you enjoy more if that makes sense. Unless you plan to do a subject at uni or an apprenticeship or something that really values geography. Anyway hope that helped a tiny bit! I was in a similar situation though so if you have any more questions lemme know
username498856
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thank you!
(Original post by JEG666)
It sort of depends on what you think will be most useful for you in the future but also what you think will be best for your mental health in terms of stress levels. I did 4, dropped to 3 and did an EPQ and found it manageable so I'm sure if you organise your time you will be okay in this respect. But in terms of geo vs RE you have to ask yourself what will help you most in the future and what do you like more... If you take geo fully and drop RE but the stress of the NEA means you get a lower grade it probably won't be as useful to you as a high grade in a subject you enjoy more if that makes sense. Unless you plan to do a subject at uni or an apprenticeship or something that really values geography. Anyway hope that helped a tiny bit! I was in a similar situation though so if you have any more questions lemme know
blacklungcwmteg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://youtu.be/RaCodgL9cvk?t=24

do what YOU want to do!!!
username3916124
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had the absolute pleasure of doing geography for 2 years and I would say drop it asap. I don’t know what exam board you do but I did Eduqas/Wjec and there was no resources to aid learning. The NEA is a joke and the teachers can not help you one bit and I completed most of my Nea over summer between year 12 and year 13 to be told by my teachers it was all wrong and had to do it again
(Original post by username498856)
we had year 12 mocks a few weeks ago and since then we have started year 13 modules in all my subjects as well as the NEA in geography. the NEA itself has caused me so much stress and panic because i just can’t seem to ever meet the deadlines and i hate the idea of asking anyone questionnaires to collect my data. i take chemistry, maths and AS RE and as well as this i plan to do an epq and theres just so much work going on i don’t really know what to do. not to mention i despise one of my teachers, who is also my NEA supervisor so i was thinking about dropping geography and taking up RE as a full a level as i think i could catch up the work i’ve missed over summer.
kkllookkkk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Drop it , did OCR geo
The previous person is correct about the NEA,s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads