The Student Room Group
I have done quite a lot of research into this in the past, and I think that if you need to get a new phone get a sim-only deal and the phone separately without a deal.
Original post by Rock Fan
So whether it is sim only or a normal contract, who do you think gives you the best deal? Just asking because I am on O2 and I am debating whether to stick with them or not as my contract finished next month.
What's your budget and what are you looking for in terms of allowances?
Just one with a decent amount of data that's not to expensive and one where the signal doesn't cut out at every football stadium
(edited 4 years ago)
Just one with a decent amount of data that's not to expensive and one where the signal doesn't cut out at every football stadium

Those are pretty vague parameters, especially the one about price. There are about a dozen networks offering hundreds of plans between their sim only and device-included contract offerings, and a "decent amount " of data could be 3GB or 30GB depending on your usage habits.

Can we at least get a ballpark, and whether you'd prefer sim only and the phone bought outright or a contract that includes the phone?
Maybe this is a slightly biased opinion since I use them, but have you looked at giffgaff's goodybag deals?

You pay every month for a package of minutes/texts/data to suit how much you use and can change how much you pay every month.

They even recommend you which package you should use next month based on your usage the previous month.

I've used them for years and have no intention of changing anytime soon.
Definitely considering sim only
Definitely considering sim only

And price point?
Unless things have changed recently, sim contracts are still the best value for money as they have been for a while now.

As for who? It's hard to say, it's not something I've been in the market for. I've had the same sim for a good... 12 years? Possibly more.

Latest

Trending

Trending