The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Missed Offer by Small Margin

Hi, I applied to King's College London and received a conditional offer. I applied using grades I would get from doing a foundation year at a Uni. My condition was to get 70% overall with 70% in maths.

I received my grades and got 77% overall with 68% in maths. Does anyone have any advise as to what I should do next? Will they still accept me since it is a small percentage difference?
Contact the university itself and explain your situation, unis adjust their offers all the time. Good luck!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Ishan10
Hi, I applied to King's College London and received a conditional offer. I applied using grades I would get from doing a foundation year at a Uni. My condition was to get 70% overall with 70% in maths.

I received my grades and got 77% overall with 68% in maths. Does anyone have any advise as to what I should do next? Will they still accept me since it is a small percentage difference?

We don't know I'm afraid. Phone KCL up and explain the situation and go from there. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
We don't know I'm afraid. Phone KCL up and explain the situation and go from there. :smile:

I have contacted them. They say that my application will probably be on hold till more results come in so they can make a final decision accordingly. So I guess the outcome of my application is still uncertain.
Reply 4
Original post by Ishan10
I have contacted them. They say that my application will probably be on hold till more results come in so they can make a final decision accordingly. So I guess the outcome of my application is still uncertain.

If your application to KCL is 'on hold' that means you need to wait until they have received more results for other applicants before they could make a final decision on yours. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 5
If your application to KCL is 'on hold' that means you need to wait until they have received more results for other applicants before they could make a final decision on yours. Good luck. :smile:

Yes that's what I figured. Do you know when I will get the final decision from them? Will this be on A-Level results day?
Reply 6
Original post by Ishan10
Yes that's what I figured. Do you know when I will get the final decision from them? Will this be on A-Level results day?

I'm not entirely sure but most likely as A-Levels are the major qualifications for uni as opposed to SQA (Scottish Qualifications) of which results are released in due course.
Reply 7
I'm not entirely sure but most likely as A-Levels are the major qualifications for uni as opposed to SQA (Scottish Qualifications) of which results are released in due course.

Okay cool. Thanks for you reply!

Quick Reply

Latest