Same car, different insurance prices?? Watch

ErykJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am looking on a few comparison websites on the same car, same engine size and (ford fiesta 1.0) for a first car, I checked out a few out and some are more expensive than the other? Could someone explain this...? They're the exactly the same car but have different registration plates (obviously) and they're all around the 2012-2013 year.

Thanks.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ErykJ)
I am looking on a few comparison websites on the same car, same engine size and (ford fiesta 1.0) for a first car, I checked out a few out and some are more expensive than the other? Could someone explain this...? They're the exactly the same car but have different registration plates (obviously) and they're all around the 2012-2013 year.

Thanks.
Different trim levels?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Different companies charge different prices. Different companies can work out more expensive than the others.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could be any number of things...

Different trim levels, different model years (could have slight tweaks from the manufacturer that didn't warrant a different variant or a half/full generation change), etc...

It could also be as simple as the sites themselves. I was having a look at insurance for a Mustang on the off chance that I came into some money or something and got one. One day it'd show £2.5K then the next it could've been £5K from the exact same company on the same comparison site.
ErykJ
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies guys, thanks for the information.
ErykJ
Rep:
?
all zetec petrol models
(Original post by IWMTom)
Different trim levels?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ErykJ)
all zetec petrol models
Is zetec a trim level?
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Is zetec a trim level?
Yeah, it's the base spec.
(Original post by ErykJ)
all zetec petrol models
Could be down to different options, or again, the prices just varying from time to time since comparison sites do that.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It could possibly also be influenced by where the different cars were registered and spent their lives, I now know to be extra wary buying used cars from Scotlands east coast due to corrosion for example, and i assume insurers also take that sort of thinking into account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads