I haven't eaten for almost 3 days and I feel good Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey so I haven't consumed any food since Wednesday because I've kinda lost my appetite, like I'm not ill or anything so I don't know if this is a bad thing. Will I lose or gain weight as a result and is this bad long-term?
RussX
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/3-day-diet
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
People do feel better with a fast, your mind becomes clearer.

I suggest reading up about it, there are so many benefits to fasting.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Break your fast now imo, muscle and bone loss will kick in soon
atiduy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fasting or intermittent fasting can have health benefits for some people, but not everyone so the results are varied. After three days you should be fine in terms of health as long as you are still staying hydrated. You will lose a minimal amount of weight from fasting like this but it shouldn't be used as a method of weight loss as you will naturally put it back on as soon as you start eating again. A lot of weight you lose during fasting is just water weight. You also end up losing muscle as well which will just come back as fat if you're not working out.
TL;DR - Fasting isn't inherently bad but isn't good for everyone. If you feel ill stop. You will lose weight but gain it back, so it shouldn't be used as a method of weight loss.
keptinside
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you lost weight and started you eat as you used to. Food might be stored in form of fats to be used when needed. Cutting off food for days sure affect your body. But you won’t notice initially. It affects your braincells as well, you might not be able to think clearly or perform well.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.94%
No I am happy with my course choice (488)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.49%

Watched Threads