missed my condition by a point Watch

fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#1
I missed my condition by one point. I got a 654 instead of a 555 for the university of nottingham (an overall score of 31 instead of 32)...... what are my chances of getting in. i am very very very stressed.. please help
0
reply
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 week ago
#2
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
I missed my condition by one point. I got a 654 instead of a 555 for the university of nottingham (an overall score of 31 instead of 32)...... what are my chances of getting in. i am very very very stressed.. please help
Does it say anything on your track? Have you called them?
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#3
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#3
No there is no update on my track and i had called them but they are closed today
0
reply
TheoFromHR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#4
Report 1 week ago
#4
Hi there, my college counsellors specified by saying that there will likely be no decision-making via admissions office until Monday. Call them up tomorrow and Monday! They also told me UCAS will update the very latest on Wednesday. I'm sure you'll get in
0
reply
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#5
Report 1 week ago
#5
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
No there is no update on my track and i had called them but they are closed today
Call them first thing on Monday and see what they say. As you re worried maybe look in clearing and see if there's any options you like if you don't get in.
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#6
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#6
I really hope so... thank you
(Original post by TheoFromHR)
Hi there, my college counsellors specified by saying that there will likely be no decision-making via admissions office until Monday. Call them up tomorrow and Monday! They also told me UCAS will update the very latest on Wednesday. I'm sure you'll get in
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#7
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#7
i have a question.... what exactly should i tell them when i call them ?

(Original post by claireestelle)
Call them first thing on Monday and see what they say. As you re worried maybe look in clearing and see if there's any options you like if you don't get in.
0
reply
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
#8
Report 1 week ago
#8
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
i have a question.... what exactly should i tell them when i call them ?
Say you ve missed your offer, when can you expect a decision?
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#9
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#9
alright thank you so much
(Original post by claireestelle)
Say you ve missed your offer, when can you expect a decision?
0
reply
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#10
Report 1 week ago
#10
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
alright thank you so much
To add to this, I'd first ask:
-Do they have everything they need to make a decision? Sometimes results don't get matched up, so it's important to check this.
-Reiterate (if it's true) how much you want to go to the uni, explain you really like the course etc.
-Ask if there's anything you can do that might encourage them to accept you.
-Clarify when they expect to make a decision by.
0
reply
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
#11
Report 1 week ago
#11
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
I missed my condition by one point. I got a 654 instead of a 555 for the university of nottingham (an overall score of 31 instead of 32)...... what are my chances of getting in. i am very very very stressed.. please help
1 mark, i suspect you will be fine, but this is most likely depend on the course (as some are more competitive than others...) also how well other candidates do, if its a down year you'll be more likely to be accepted, if its a strong year less likely.
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#12
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#12
Alright thank you.... im calling them today so i really hope it goes well
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
To add to this, I'd first ask:
-Do they have everything they need to make a decision? Sometimes results don't get matched up, so it's important to check this.
-Reiterate (if it's true) how much you want to go to the uni, explain you really like the course etc.
-Ask if there's anything you can do that might encourage them to accept you.
-Clarify when they expect to make a decision by.
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#13
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#13
I really hope so o
(Original post by mnot)
1 mark, i suspect you will be fine, but this is most likely depend on the course (as some are more competitive than others...) also how well other candidates do, if its a down year you'll be more likely to be accepted, if its a strong year less likely.
0
reply
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#14
Report 1 week ago
#14
It is only one point, I'm positive you should be ok.
0
reply
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#15
Report 1 week ago
#15
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
Alright thank you.... im calling them today so i really hope it goes well
Did you manage to get through?

Have you heard anything?
1
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#16
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#16
So basically this college was my insurance previously and i called ucas and asked them what to do. They told me that universities need to give them their permission to swap from being my insurance to my firm and vice versa and that that is never a problem. My insurance choice was happy to do that and promptly informed ucas as well as offered me a lower condition however my firm was persistent on the fact that it was too late to swap. which i dont quite understand Thus im in a bit of a pickle now. If you have any suggestions do let me now...
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Did you manage to get through?

Have you heard anything?
0
reply
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#17
Report 1 week ago
#17
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
So basically this college was my insurance previously and i called ucas and asked them what to do. They told me that universities need to give them their permission to swap from being my insurance to my firm and vice versa and that that is never a problem. My insurance choice was happy to do that and promptly informed ucas as well as offered me a lower condition however my firm was persistent on the fact that it was too late to swap. which i dont quite understand Thus im in a bit of a pickle now. If you have any suggestions do let me now...
Ok, so to swap choices after 14 days, you do need permission from both unis- so unfortunately your firm was allowed to block that swap.

If it's the case that both unis have rejected you that you've met the lower offer but not the original one, then unfortunately the uni don't now have to honour the lower offer.

However, if you haven't had a final decision, it really is worth ringing them, explaining about the lower offer and reiterating that you really want to go to this uni and see what they say- the worst they can say is no.

I would also ask when they plan to make a decision by, as you don't want to be in limbo for ages. It may be worth looking to see what courses are available in clearing (more will be released on A-level results day).

If it's the case that your firm uni has accepted you, unfortunately they do still get first pick and your insurance uni won't have made a decision. However, you can still ring them up, ask them if there is still a place available for you, and would they accept you- if they say yes, then get this in an email. You can then decline your firm on the UCAS website and add your new insurance as a clearing choice.

I hope this helps!
0
reply
fdgkgkkbkbkb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
#18
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
#18
Alright, thank you so much. By any chance do you know if I can withdraw my application from only my firm without withdrawing my entire application from ucas ?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Ok, so to swap choices after 14 days, you do need permission from both unis- so unfortunately your firm was allowed to block that swap.

If it's the case that both unis have rejected you that you've met the lower offer but not the original one, then unfortunately the uni don't now have to honour the lower offer.

However, if you haven't had a final decision, it really is worth ringing them, explaining about the lower offer and reiterating that you really want to go to this uni and see what they say- the worst they can say is no.

I would also ask when they plan to make a decision by, as you don't want to be in limbo for ages. It may be worth looking to see what courses are available in clearing (more will be released on A-level results day).

If it's the case that your firm uni has accepted you, unfortunately they do still get first pick and your insurance uni won't have made a decision. However, you can still ring them up, ask them if there is still a place available for you, and would they accept you- if they say yes, then get this in an email. You can then decline your firm on the UCAS website and add your new insurance as a clearing choice.

I hope this helps!
0
reply
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#19
Report 6 days ago
#19
(Original post by fdgkgkkbkbkb)
Alright, thank you so much. By any chance do you know if I can withdraw my application from only my firm without withdrawing my entire application from ucas ?
Once you have an unconditional offer from your firm, it's possible to "decline your place" via UCAS. However, this wouldn't automatically pass you on to your insurance- your space with them disappears as soon as your firm confirms your place, and they may have filled it already.

I would suggest ringing your insurance and asking if they would still give you a place, and getting confirmation of this in writing e.g. email before you decline your firm place- otherwise you risk being left with nothing!

You can't "decline your place" until your firm has made it unconditional, and unless they agree to a swap, you can't reject your firm but keep your application before this has happened.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads

View All