My GCSE's are 7 A*s and 3 As
My IB I got:
7- English Lit (HL)
6- Biology (HL)
5- Chemistry (HL)
6- French (SL)
6- History (SL)
6- Maths (SL)

If anyone took the IB or know people, am I eligible for foundation year dentistry... And i know that I'm one grade off for Chem for just straight dentistry but some unis just want 666 at higher so would 765 compensate for that???
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fhelsaddig)
My GCSE's are 7 A*s and 3 As
My IB I got:
7- English Lit (HL)
6- Biology (HL)
5- Chemistry (HL)
6- French (SL)
6- History (SL)
6- Maths (SL)

If anyone took the IB or know people, am I eligible for foundation year dentistry... And i know that I'm one grade off for Chem for just straight dentistry but some unis just want 666 at higher so would 765 compensate for that???
Any particular institution you're thinking of?

A quick google brings up...

Cardiff:
Overall 36 points excluding Theory of Knowledge and the Extended Essay. Minimum of 19 at HL including 6,6 in Biology and Chemistry OR 19 points at HL including 6 in Chemistry and a 6 at HL in Physics, Mathematics or Statistics and SL 7 Biology OR 19 points at HL including 6 in Biology and a 6 at HL in Physics, Mathematics or Statistics and SL 7 Chemistry.

Dundee:
Minimum of 37 points, to include 6, 6 and 6 at Higher level. Subjects at Higher level should include no more than one science and exclude chemistry. Plus 3 subjects at Standard Level with an average of grade 6.

Manchester:
36 points are required overall to include core points with at least 666 at Higher level.
If Maths and English Language are not offered as part of the Diploma, they should be offered at GCSE or IGCSE at grade B or above. Higher level subjects should include either: three arts/humanities subjects; OR two arts/humanities subjects and one science subject.

Bristol:
29 including 5 at Higher Level in Biology or Chemistry. Applicants with predicted or achieved grades of 33 overall including 16 at Higher Level, or with Chemistry at HL6 are not eligible for this course.

OR, Bristol's non-preliminary dental course has the following:
32 points overall with 16 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in Chemistry and 5 at Higher Level in one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics.

I think on this basis it's worth getting in touch and asking if there's anything Bristol can do to accommodate you, given that you've smashed their lower entry course requirements but have just missed on the Chem.

Looks to me as though Bristol are the best options so far, but do some more research yourself.

Beyond that there's always the option of graduate entry dentistry if you really want to go down that route, but that's a lot of university tuition you're committing to there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby